Englands 'injury curse'

Was bored the other day and decided to fire up a World Cup save on FM10.... as England of course. I managed England to the final in which we beat Italy 0 - 1. (thats gonna be my bet for the final now!) To bring the cup home to our wonderful land. (Its been written in another post about more should be made of when you win things, and I concur vehemently. Winning the World Cup was a little of an anti climax.)

Swatting on all information for the current World Cup and it being batted around the national press and media about Rio plus other injury concerns (King, Milner, James, Rooney) and England being cursed I started to notice in my game that I am NEVER able to name my strongest squad before matches.

The worst culprit being Ashley Cole, sucumming to 'illnesses'. I think he's always down at the clinic getting himself checked out! Keep it in your pants or wear a hat boy, didn't they teach you anything in school?!

Then with John Terry pipping Rio Ferdinand to a close second, I'm having to selotape together a defence for almost every game.

Thank heaven Ledley King isn't as injury prone on this game as he is in real life, and Ryan Shawcross has become a monster on this save so there is a little salvation.

Is this something other people have noticed or is it just my save? Or are we English really that fragile?

Input please.

Cheers,

Brad

All teams lose players before tournaments in RL so not that surprising.

I did an England save last year and Rio broke his leg in the last match of the Premier League, I think he was always destined to miss the World Cup :(

Archived