IPhone - My team can't score for nuts!

Hi guys, anyone had this problem? I've played 31 league games, scored 22, conceded 2. I've drawn 14 matches, most ended at 0-0. In the matches I won, they are mostly 1-0.

I played the formation 4-4-2 for the first half of the season, den switched to 4-3-3, mentality is always attacking, committed, counterattack always on, but my guys just doesn't want to score.

Any tips? I'm using liverpool by the way, please dun tell me it's reflecting the reality.:(

I had the same happen in my first game, also managing Liverpool. I was just drawing most games or winning or losing 1-0. To be honest I was starting to think I just didn't like the game very much and it was a bit boring. Then I saw my mates game, also managing Liverpool, he was winning 4-3 and 3-0 etc, scoring for fun. So I just started a new game and everything was good, exciting and well... unrealistic I guess, being a Liverpool fan!

• SI Staff

Sometimes a team will get into a 'funk' and struggle (happens irl) - if this occurs with you then perhaps try stopping trying to play nice football for a bit, go more direct and less attacking, bring in some older heads to steady the ship - that can often turn things around.

I'm afraid to say it but this just might be highly realistic of Liverpool. I am managing Arsenal and this season Liverpool has managed to score only 3 goals against us. This includes two premiership games two league cup semi-final games and two champions cup quarter final games,as well as some of these matches having had Arsenal projected as a slight underdog against Liverpool.

thanks for replying! I'm now trying out 4-1-3-2. The formation looks more defensive, but i'm controlling the midfield more. My team still don't score a lot, but at least there's more shots. Hopefully it will get better as I get better players in the different positions.

• SI Staff
thanks for replying! I'm now trying out 4-1-3-2. The formation looks more defensive, but i'm controlling the midfield more. My team still don't score a lot, but at least there's more shots. Hopefully it will get better as I get better players in the different positions.

I'm sure things will look up, especially if you start to put some results together and the team gain a bit of confidence in things - good luck and let us know how things go :D

Archived