How to get the finance high

In the lower leagues it can be difficult to balance the books so you will struggle to get finances high. I know it is obvious but getting promotion to at least the Championship but preferably the Premier League would help massively. A good way to improve finances is buying cheap young players with good potential, developing them and selling them at a big profit. Another way is by organising a few home preseason friendlies with big clubs. You could also get a parent club if you don't have one already.

Are you filling your ground for every match?

That mean's you can expand the stadium (when you have enough money obviously) so you won't be getting a new stadium at the moment anyway since it is possible to expand your current one. Just spend as little as possible on transfers and wages (when I say that I mean don't spend more than you need to get promoted, just spend enough). Get rid of unimportant players that have high wages. Also follow the advice above. What is your current balance by the way?

Do you see yourself getting promoted quickly? In any case, try to get good young players every season. When you sell them off, especially to clubs bigger than you, always include the Arrange Friendly clause. That will help.

I'm with Luton. The ground was expanded to 12500 when I entered the Championship. Despite filling the ground as soon as the expansion was completed, I had to wait until we got into the Premier League before the board built Harford Park with a 19600 capacity. Now struggling in the Prem but selling out the ground again.

if the board provide money for running costs is that quite bad

Not necessarily. You can be within your wage budget and transfer budget, but still loose money. If the board inject money to help with costs, then it's alright. At least they have money to inject to prevent your club from going into administration.

In my Hearts career, my board were injecting money for 5 seasons because I was always going into the red. However, there were never any negatives from it. They still gave me good transfer funds and wage budget regardless.

Sell players with 50% future transfer clause added, especially any good players who are likely to move on elsewhere for a bigger sum. You'll see a share of that transfer fee.

Find a Parent Club and see who offers the most for the affiliate fee as well as any potential loan prospects.

Arrange a couple of pre-season Friendly Leagues against good opposition, don't worry about losing or who plays you can play your u18 side if you need too, but the Gate Receipts income and possible TV money will be beneficial.

My finances are annoying the hell out of me, we have rarely had more than +£10m in the bank yet the board have increased the capacity of the stadium 3 times in the last 3 season's. This means I get higher gate receipts and I have also just made the Champions League for the first time... so the debt should be shrinking right? WRONG! Its going up, and its getting on my nerves, I wish the board had just stayed with the 49,000 seater stadium and then we would have a healthy bank balance.

My finances are annoying the hell out of me, we have rarely had more than +£10m in the bank yet the board have increased the capacity of the stadium 3 times in the last 3 season's. This means I get higher gate receipts and I have also just made the Champions League for the first time... so the debt should be shrinking right? WRONG! Its going up, and its getting on my nerves, I wish the board had just stayed with the 49,000 seater stadium and then we would have a healthy bank balance.

£6m for qualifying for the Group Stages, £696,000 per Group Stage win, £millions per round progression after Group Stages and around £20m of the TV share when the CL finishes in May.

The Champions League is a good place to be :D

One of the problems managing in the Premier League is the very high 'Other' costs compared to other Leagues. You'll have to ask SI what 'other' means though :D

Archived