How to know for how much can I sell a player?

Hello, is it possible to determine for how much can you sell a player? Like there is determined values for AI managers to sell their players, there is any maximum value we can sell some player to AI? If someone has any info, be it on FM 2008 or FM 2010 please post it here.

Thanks in advance!

The determined value for AI managers is not the max they will accept, it is the min they will accept. I mean if you scout a player and you get an estimated price of £10m. You can offer £90m and I am sure they will accept. The min you will accept for one of your players is what you decide. Obviously you would like to know the max another club will pay for one your players but you don't know it, likewise the AI don't know the max you will offer for a player.

I am not sure I have explained that well but I hope you understand what I mean. :D

The only way I have found that I can maximise the value of my outgoing players is to Offer them for $0, then when the offers come in, renegotiate en mass, increasing by 1m everytime until only a handful of clubs are still bidding.

Other than that, there is no way to determine the maximum value the AI will pay ala the Sale Value that the human player can see through 3rd party programs. But take note that even that Sale Value is not accurate. It is possible to offer lower and still have the AI accept the offer.

I start by offering them out for a large sum, say the player is worth 4.8 million I times it by 4 and round up, so 20 Million.

I then see if anyone is interested, if no one does, I times by 3 and offer him out.

Usually the teams will come back with an offer less than yours. You can then either negotiate or accept. I tend to accept as I usually have 50% profit of next transfer clauses added on. If faced with 2 teams, I always choose the lower rated team to accept, this way, if the player improves, he will get a bid from a bigger team and I can earn money of the clause.

Archived