Can I apply to be an U21 Manager?

Currently Brazil manager - want to take them to the World Cup then move on. Checked availabe jobs and both Bosnia and Cameroon U21 jobs are advertised however there is no option to apply for them.

I'm sure I;ve seen it discussed here that you can be an U21 Manager. Do you need to be approached for it? There are ample players for both nations loaded.

Or do I have to be without an internation job? If so this seems silly because I was with Holland when I applied for the Brazil job.

Okay an update - and something a bit odd.

I've looked at the staff list for these nations and it appears that they are both alreading employing and U21 Manager. Yet they are advertising the job.

Is this a bug?

Or are they trying to get rid of the current bosses?

so can you be an U21 manager from the start?? or can you only apply when advertised??

I'm not usre if you can but I;ve seen people on these boards being U21 managers. These jobs are still advertised yet there are still managers employed in the positions.

I've recently moved from Exeter to Peterborough after somehow gaining promotion to the champ in my second season with them. The Belgium u21 job came up in my inbox (which rarely happens with u21), i applied although i assumed i had no chance and good old Dick Advocaat offered me the job. I foolishly didnt check the quality of the squad before accepting and it turns out there is a distinct lack of talent emerging from Brussels and co. in 2012 :/, it'll be a nice challenge though :)

I was manager of Serbia U21's after they advertised they were looking for a coach, i applied and was given the job :)

oh and i got them to the semi's of the U21 world cup, before leaving to manage england :)

• 2 weeks later...
so can you be an U21 manager from the start?? or can you only apply when advertised??

only if you make two managers, one to take the job of the full international side and then appoint your other manager as the U21 manager. Otherwise you have to wait for a job to open up, i'm managing Holland U21's atm which i applied for after their manager was sacked. I've managed to qualify for the U21 euro's next year and i reckon i've got a good shot at it with the players i have.

Sure You can. In my game I managed Getafe, and later QPR, and applied succesfully for the Moroccon U21 managers position. It is not just fun, but also gives You the ability to scout the talents of the nation as a national U21 coach, and than try to sign the best ones to Your club. It is very-very great fun indeed! You may take care of some great youngsters at international and club level at the same time.

You also start az a U21/U20/U19 manager from the start but than You won't manage clubs at the beginning, but will need to apply for vacant club manager positions.

Archived