Big Roy Replication

Roy Hodgson's story of a dramatic rise in the eyes of football managers and fans alike, climaxing with the apparently imminent move to Liverpool this summer has me wondering, is anyone interested in trying to replicate his acheivements in FM10?

Hodgson began his career in the lower leagues, so I feel a semi-professional previous experience is necessary and realistic. This will also provide a good level of difficulty in this particular save.

Roy's career spanning an impressive 34 years includes spells managing in Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark, Norway and of course, England. He also managed the United Arab Emirates, Switzerland and Finland in his time. So I suggest we allow perhaps the top 2 leagues in each of the 6 countries, with the exception of England, where we should allow the top 4 leagues.

We should start unemployed, before starting the exciting process of trying to secure our first job. We should take any job we please, it should be down to your soul preference. From then on my only instruction would be to try and manage a team in each country, and aim to include international management into the equation at some point.

I'm certainly going to try it. I am interested mostly in the English leagues, so it would be nice to experience other leagues. We could post our progress on this thread, and perhaps help each other along the way of our epic journey!

Thanks for reading this shockingly long thread, and good luck! :)

Archived