Five seasons in...

Do you still have any players remaining that were at the club from the start or players that you signed in your first season?

In my Southampton save..

From the start : Morgan Schneiderlin & Adam Lallana

Signed in first year : Yannis Tafer

Rather interesting considering I made 14 signings.

Half way through 6th wth Coventry, still have:

Kieran Westwood, Jordan Clarke, Martin Cranie, Ben Turner (Transfer listed), Elliot Ward, Richard Wood, Sammy Clingan, Aron Gunnarson and Gary Deegan.

Have had David Gray on loan for the 1st season then bought him and he is still there.

I am Liverpool, current World Champions March 2020, I have a few still lasting, be-it struggling to make a long-term serious impact these days::

Hamsik (First signing, August 09) - 298 League Apps.. 65 Goals

Reina - 482 League Apps

Insua - 288 League Apps.. 6 Goals

Glen Johnson - 297 League Apps.. 5 Goals

Agger - 328 League Apps..12 Goals

Ngog - 212 League Apps..87 Goals

Torres - 300 League Apps..166 Goals

Gerrard (Retired 2019) - 576 League Apps...106 Goals

On a separate note, I let Carragher go after a few seasons by not offering him a new contract. The fans held it against me as an aberration for 3 years, so my nostalgia and fear of fan hatred mean I keep these has-beens for a little longer than required/desired.

Rushden and Diamonds save, Jan of 2015. From the original squad I have 1 survivor, Curtis Osano, going strong as backup in the Premiership! Will try keep him till he retires. I've just released 1 player who I bought in the first season, Morad Mohammed. Scored something like 86 goals for me in his time, but ultimately handed in a transfer request because he didn't get enough games. (But nobody signed him so his contract just expired). Was gutted, wanted to keep him till he retired too, hopefully he goes in to coaching so I can nab him up :).

Both those players are in the teams favoured personnel which is cool.

5th Season with Birmingham. Current EPL Champions. I still have Roger johnson as 4th choice CB and Vaclav Kadlec, Nicolas Otamendi, Anthony Annan and Artem Milevskyi who were all signed first season.

PS. Patch 10.3

I've taken Luton Town from the BSP to the Prem in 5 seasons. I've got through a lot of players to get there but I still have Willy Topp (1st signing) and Jake Howells (Talented youth prospect). Topp is now out on loan with view to sell and Howells is in the reserves, but still occasionally gets a run out.

Im in my fourth game season, 2nd season at chelsea, still got quite a few players they start with, and brought a few players that i had signed for my previous club Sevilla, such as Milevsky, Pandev, and a couple of regens.

Notts County, league 2, league 1, championship now in premiership with Matthew Briggs, Kasper Schmeichel and Luca Senicanin(who will be sold at end of season) Jay Spearing who gets the occasional game.

Oh and Tom Aldred who is my captain, how did I forget him.

Also Vincent Acapandie and John Dunleavy who are out and loan and will never get a game.

Actually got more than I thought

Meh, it's been a few months since I last played, but I think I still had Bodde, Britton and Pratley at Swansea 5 years into the game (EPL by then, obviously).

Unless a first team player wants to leave or retire, I usually keep him in the squad. Then again, I've a habit of spending as little as possible and not buying instant first team players.

I wasn't in charge of my current team in the first season and I'm at work so it's just from memory... but Cacereno who I managed in the first season still have Oladejo Olateru, the keeper I signed in the first season as their keeper in 2028(may even be 29), they have remained in the Liga BBVA for the entire time after gaining promotion over the first couple of years I managed them. They also still have a central defender that generated in the 2nd season.

My Valladolid team is on its "last legs" with the current squad, still has two players that were signed from the Cacereno team after I took over Valladolid and another two that were signed in that season, all were I think the 5th year of the save. I believe that between them they've played over 2000 games for Valladolid so you could say they have been pretty important! Basically they have been with the team as two generations of defenders have gone through and they will still be key members in my upcoming season as the 3rd generation of midfielders flow through. Pretty damn impressive imo.

Still have Sergio Ramos at my Real Madrid team 11 season's in. Only getting a few games what really struggling for cover. Same with Cristiano Ronaldo and only last year let Ilker Cassilas move on.

As for players signed in first season or two still here, i've got Mahmadou Sakho but getting fed up of his moaning about needing a new challenge so he's ready to get the boot (Real Madrid and France Captain and just won League and Champions League and he want's to move on!)

Finding it harder to get wide players now that have anything more than average stats these days so keeping the old stagers for the odd few games.

I'm also Southampton and about to start my 5th season. I've still got Lallana and Schneiderlin (transfer listed) as well as Rodrigo Possebon who I signed in the first season. How are you finding life with the saints?

In my 6th season with Pro Vercelli, and I have one or two players, depending on how you look at it, left from the start of the first season. I've gone from Serie C2 to Serie A in that time though, so you wouldn't expect a whole lot of players to last.

Alessandro Canino (D R) was loaned out at the start of the game, but has been with me since. Currently a backup.

Luca Marrone (M C) is a player I loaned for the first four seasons from Juventus before signing him in 2013. Holds the club record for most league appearances.

Archived