Have you been tempted?

I'm a massive United fan but never play as them in game (although i'm currently waiting for them to go bust and get relegated then i'm going to try a Ferguson).

Despite my loyalties to the team and hatred of other teams e.g. Liverpool, I have found myself tempted by them in my recent game.

I've just left Milan (because I didn't like the chairman) and have been touted for the Liverpool and Celtic jobs, two teams that I really hate IRL, but I really am tempted.

I don't think i'll be able to go through with it, but have you ever been tempted enough to take over a club you despise and actually push for success rather than destroy them?

I'm a massive United fan but never play as them in game (although i'm currently waiting for them to go bust and get relegated then i'm going to try a Ferguson).

Despite my loyalties to the team and hatred of other teams e.g. Liverpool, I have found myself tempted by them in my recent game.

I've just left Milan (because I didn't like the chairman) and have been touted for the Liverpool and Celtic jobs, two teams that I really hate IRL, but I really am tempted.

I don't think i'll be able to go through with it, but have you ever been tempted enough to take over a club you despise and actually push for success rather than destroy them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

I'm a Man Utd fan Nomis07 and aI have to say I could never manage Liverpool in FM, I just wouldn't even contemplate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I know. It was a fleeting moment when I thought it would be a good challenge but ultimately I couldn't do it.

AndyKane67 I would manage Arsenal or Chelsea but never City, they will remain in my memory as hated along with Peter Schmeichel for the Barry Hayles win. i'm not embarassed to say that when I saw him celebrate their third I actually cried icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

i'm not embarassed to say that when I saw him celebrate their third I actually cried icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus! Get over it! He's just a bloke doing his job. I don't think any gaffer would take kindly to you being more loyal to ex-employers than current ones. Got to realize 99.9% of footballers are just like mercenaries: they only care for you when they're on your side.

On FM, I could never manage Spurs, Wolves, WBA, and probably not Villa or Blues, either. Or Crystal Palace.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

I'm a Man Utd fan Nomis07 and aI have to say I could never manage Liverpool in FM, I just wouldn't even contemplate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I know. It was a fleeting moment when I thought it would be a good challenge but ultimately I couldn't do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad you saw sense just in time. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KDR:

Jesus! Get over it! He's just a bloke doing his job. I don't think any gaffer would take kindly to you being more loyal to ex-employers than current ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When Dennis Law (playing for City) relegated UTD with a back heel he turned round and walked back to the half way line with his head down as his team mates celebrated.

It's not a matter of loyalty it's a matter of respect.

As a Northern Irishman I too could never take the Republic job, but i'm constantly offered it when they change managers, which is really rather irritating.

Can we not pick a couple of disliked clubs at the start along with our favoured clubs.

Denis Law is The First King of Old Trafford, he loved the club and Nomis07 is partly right, it was a matter of respect. But he really did love Man Utd.

I would never SUCCESSFULLY manage Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Leeds, West Ham in England.

In Scotland, I avoid success with Celtic and Hibs.

In Northern Ireland, NEVER will I successfully work for Glentoran, Chickenville or Portadown.

Ah Cliftonville, only once did I go to Solitude to see the Glens play and never again will I go back.

The rats were more welcome than us (and there were more of them than us).

The pool of muck around the front row of the visitor stand is particularly pongy (well I think it was that that smelled icon_wink.gif)

I'm a Manchester born, Sheffield Wednesday fan. I could never, ever take over as the Man United boss and try to succeed.

IRL I won't even allow products in my house from companies that have ever or currently sponsor them (I have even refused an offer of a free Plasma TV from a family member because it was made by Sharp).

Please god, don't let them ever be sponsored by the toilet paper industry.

Denis Law. Class act, but different era. And as I said, 99.9% of footballers are like mercenaries, which means there are still some loyal/respectful folks in the game.

Another thing about Law: he might have showed respect, but he didn't allow his professionalism to slip. Like I said above, a class act (and no, I'm not a Utd fan).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crap manager:

im a pompey fan and i wont even let scumhapton buy,loan or sniff my players and i would never manage them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to see Harry Redknapp has signed up to the forums icon_wink.gif

I dont really care who I managed, ive managed Pompey and had some success with them. I manage who I feel will be a challenge....jeez once I was even Scotland manager :p

After all its only a game icon_wink.gif

Archived