Anyone remember Nil Lamptey?

Reading through threads about golden oldies of bygone FM/CM days, i thought back to when i first started playing Champ Manager in the early 90's. Can't remember the exact year, but I well remember Aston Villa having a player, Nil Lamptey, who I'd never heard of, was impossible to sign and for some reason never really made it IRL.

Anyone else remember this apparent gem?

i remember reading a thread on here i think about players who were awesome on cm but never really made it in real life. wonder if anyone can find it? i also remember richie partridge at liverpool about 10 years ago who was always a top player to sign

Reading through threads about golden oldies of bygone FM/CM days, i thought back to when i first started playing Champ Manager in the early 90's. Can't remember the exact year, but I well remember Aston Villa having a player, Nil Lamptey, who I'd never heard of, was impossible to sign and for some reason never really made it IRL.

Anyone else remember this apparent gem?

You obviously don't remember him that well! His name is Nii, not Nil.

Ah Lamptey, defintely harder to sign in the game than real life.

I can only really remember one other CM superstar - the irrepresible Tijjani Babangida. Providing I could sign him I'd dominate CM. I seem to remember there was a fake player (last 5 years) eho could play in almost every position (Sandro something?). There is also Enyeama, of course, who is an awesome GK in every FM but doesn't quite reach it in real life (though he was good for Nigeria the other day).

Ah Lamptey, defintely harder to sign in the game than real life.

I can only really remember one other CM superstar - the irrepresible Tijjani Babangida. Providing I could sign him I'd dominate CM. I seem to remember there was a fake player (last 5 years) eho could play in almost every position (Sandro something?). There is also Enyeama, of course, who is an awesome GK in every FM but doesn't quite reach it in real life (though he was good for Nigeria the other day).

Sindre Loe Bing :D

I think it was cm9394, we would play a 4 player game and someone would always manage to coax Lamptey to their club, once the Chris Bart Williams bidding war had ended. I remember Liverpool having a striker called Lee Jones who was aweosme also, and Spurs had a 16 year old striker called Sol Campbell...

Archived