[iPhone] Network game possible?

• SI Staff

At the moment there isn't a network game in FMH iPhone, tbh the reason it hasn't been implemented is simply that very few people appeared to ever use the networking features on the PSP game.

Okay. Thanks for answering the question.

I reckon more people will own an iPhone with FM on it than there was ever PSP owners. Also being touchscreen the iPhone i would think is alot easier to use. I owned the PSP version and never really played it as i did not like how the controls work.

Perhaps a network option on the iPHone is something SI will look into again in the future. Do a poll on it and see what iPhone users think!

Thanks again Mark

• SI Staff
Perhaps a network option on the iPHone is something SI will look into again in the future. Do a poll on it and see what iPhone users think!

We'll definitely consider it if enough people request it - however do bear in mind that the iPhone team is rather compact and implementing a network game would be a rather time intensive task (ie. it'd take up most of the development resources for a version, so don't expect it instantly).

Wouldnt have thought there was really the demand for it to be honest. Would be a nice addition but id rather see the game grow and improve before seeing "network game" capabilities. I only ever play the game in short bursts 10 mins here 20 mins there so id never be able to get a game going with anyone else.

i think this is rarely used on psp because not many people use the internet available on the psp (myself included) whereas on the ipod/iphone it is much simpler and easier to play against friends on other games via bluetooth or wifi.

another discussion point could be whether to make the network 'game' the same as it is on psp (just a friendly match) or to make it an actual multiplayer career (this would obviously be a reduced amount of seasons possibly even 1, and should have a separate save folder which is only available in multiplayer mode and when you connect to the same person)

i never played online on psp so im unsure but if it is just a network match then i think you should be able to load your team from your career so you can at least resolve the argument of 'my team is better than yours'

just my thoughts anyway :)

i think this is rarely used on psp because not many people use the internet available on the psp (myself included) whereas on the ipod/iphone it is much simpler and easier to play against friends on other games via bluetooth or wifi.

another discussion point could be whether to make the network 'game' the same as it is on psp (just a friendly match) or to make it an actual multiplayer career (this would obviously be a reduced amount of seasons possibly even 1, and should have a separate save folder which is only available in multiplayer mode and when you connect to the same person)

i never played online on psp so im unsure but if it is just a network match then i think you should be able to load your team from your career so you can at least resolve the argument of 'my team is better than yours'

just my thoughts anyway :)

You can do that last bit :thup:

The network game on the PSP is boring, If you could play a few seasons against anyone from around the world then a lot more people would use it.

Archived