Activation

bought the game via amazon and have been playing for the first 6 months (game time) and i had a message come up saying i was in a demo mode and needed to activate the game. the thing is, i have no activation code that i can see on the disc or in the book. there is a steam code on the booklet but nothing else. am i missing something here?

it's 10.3 i'm running on mac running snow leopard btw.

When did it ask you for the code/had you just installed the patch? If so, you may have downloaded the wrong one ie the digital download patch. If that is the case you need to redownload the boxed patch.

When did it ask you for the code/had you just installed the patch? If so, you may have downloaded the wrong one ie the digital download patch. If that is the case you need to redownload the boxed patch.

i downloaded it via the game at the beginning. looking at my old copy of FM 2009, there is a serial# on the back of that booklet but on this one, just the steam code. looks like i'm buggered.

well i dont know, i've bought the game via amazon, installed it. all seems to be ok and then halfway through my first season, i get that i cant continue. there is no serial number with my copy so i guess the game is going back. it's not a bootleg and to be honest, i've been a bit disappointed with the technical aspects of this. the game wouldn't run at all until i tried this E=CELLERATE patch. this has probably something to do with my problem but the game wouldn't run without it. this is my first year on the mac but quite clearly, it's not properly supported.

ok, cheers, gonna try the boxed version. didn't know there was a difference. the game on it's own wont run, i just get an error that needs to be sent to apple, that's why i just jumped on the first patch link i saw and thought that was cool cause it then worked.

• 1 month later...

Hi, this is EXACTLY the problem I am having!!! alfie.romeo, am I right in thinking that it got to January and then the game started telling you to activate it and acted as though you were in some sort of demo mode?

How did downloading the new patch help? And were you able to continue with your previous save? I am concerned about this since I have edited my existing patched database and do no particularly want to go through it all over again editing a new patch and playing through 6 months of the season just to get back to where I was.

Cheers.

Archived