Leeds legends

So, I take over Leeds, get them promoted in the first season with a final points score of 123 points, I get them promoted to the prem in the second season with 132 points, no games lost, and not to mention the small matter of winning the FA cup and league cup, I then go on to win the premiership losing only one game and finishing with a grand total of 105 points whilst being in the EUFA cup final and the FA cup final (again) and I'm not even regarded as an icon, let alone a legend. Favoured personel eh, why thanks Leeds.

Seriously, is this a bug? Does anybody else think this is a bit silly? I should be considered a god there, not on the same level as the tea lady, surely.

3 seasons does not a legend make. Keep winning for 10 more years.

No one has any patience anymore, its all about instant gratification isn't it?

Instant gratification? Did you read what I had won with no money in 3 years? By the way, I have now won the FA cup again and the EUFA so you can add that to the list and I'm still about as popular as the tea lady. I see you failed to mention icon status as well, so you think that being favoured personel is a fair reflection to what I have achieved in 3 years?

I forgot to mention that Leeds had 1million to spend on players when I took over, and there is now 87million in the bank.

Anybody who did that in real life would be a legend, no question.

Exactly. SI will surely fix this in the future so you can be regarded as "the special one :D " in a short but very succesful time. But in the meantime you can use the editor.

EDIT: "With hand on the heart for Leeds United!"

Good achievement, no question. Mind you, I guarantee that virtually everyone reading this thread will assume you've cheated or have a killer, game breaking tactic.

I wasn't going to go there.

I still think 3 years is not long enough to guarantee legend status.

It took me 17 years with Lusitano de Evora to get Legend Status and at that point we had come from the 3rd Division in Portugal and had 5 Liga Sagres, 4 League Cups & 3 Portuguese Cup victories...And I agree that should make me a legend.

As for the above case 3 years is not long enough full stop.

Steve Coppell would still be a Reading legend if he'd won the Championship with a points record and then got Reading to 8th in his first season rather than his third.

Good achievement, no question. Mind you, I guarantee that virtually everyone reading this thread will assume you've cheated or have a killer, game breaking tactic.

Yes, I cheated but me cheating is neither hear nor there and has nothing to do with this thread, the game didn't know I cheated. I'm not asking for praise for being uber manager, I just wanted to know what people thought about how the game sorts out the legend status and do they think achieving what I have, would I deserve the legend status? There is no doubt that in real life, achieving what I have is giving you legend status.

As for my tactics, I cant claim I invented it but it's the best tactic by far that I have ever seen or tried. It's extremely successful in all my other saves.

For the record, I gave myself a bit of extra cash in the prem but I never reloaded a game.

Instant gratification? Did you read what I had won with no money in 3 years? By the way, I have now won the FA cup again and the EUFA so you can add that to the list and I'm still about as popular as the tea lady. I see you failed to mention icon status as well, so you think that being favoured personel is a fair reflection to what I have achieved in 3 years?

I forgot to mention that Leeds had 1million to spend on players when I took over, and there is now 87million in the bank.

no money in 3 years?? i got to the prem in two years with leeds and got 20 mil in the prem, then after a 9th place finish and a league cup win i got 30 mil, no money? tell that to avram grant and portsmouth!

I had to win back to back premiership titles with Leeds after about 9 years of managing them before I went into legend status and I'm not complaining. Leeds are a big club, (a sleeping giant I guess) with a lot of history, you can't just walk into a club like that and become a legend in a 3 seasons.

I had to win back to back premiership titles with Leeds after about 9 years of managing them before I went into legend status and I'm not complaining. Leeds are a big club, (a sleeping giant I guess) with a lot of history, you can't just walk into a club like that and become a legend in a 3 seasons.

He's broken the points record in three divisions in consecutive seasons. Regardless of the club's status, to do that would make a manager a legend. In addition, he did the treble from the Championship.

no money in 3 years?? i got to the prem in two years with leeds and got 20 mil in the prem, then after a 9th place finish and a league cup win i got 30 mil, no money? tell that to avram grant and portsmouth!

Actually I did have money later on, but not at the start. Still not quite sure what your point is though.

What did he achieve? I'm no Leeds fan so I'm pretty clueless on that front.

The Jose Mourinho of the 1960's, invented professionalism, Leeds were a team geared to win, every aspect of the game was scrutinized and tinkered with until it was spot on, for example, he produced dossiers on opposition players for his team to revise before each game, and the media hated him for it, because his team were totally ruthless and not short on physicality. Leeds are still a big club because of the following that team got.

See here -

I wonder if the game DOES know you cheated. Maybe that's why...

Probably not.

Seriously though - you should be a legend - anyone who says otherwise is wrong and making excuses for the game.

Strange though because I was on the favoured personel list at Chelsea after one league win. Five in a row and I am now a legend although I seem to go onto the icon list every now and then.

No cheating from me.

Don Revie - Leeds Legend, until you can match what he did, keep plugging away.

"Although his tenure didn't get off to a flying start, he won the Football League Second Division within 3 years as manager and once promoted took them to second in the league and the FA Cup final in their first season in the top division. All in all Revie guided Leeds to two Football League First Division titles, one FA Cup, one League Cup, two Inter-Cities Fairs Cup titles, one Football League Second Division title and one Charity Shield. He also guided them to three more FA Cup Finals, one more Inter-Cities Fairs Cup Final and one Cup Winners' Cup Final."

The two are pretty darn similar.

Actually I did have money later on, but not at the start. Still not quite sure what your point is though.

my point is your saying you should ne a legend or an icon after a few seasons with no money.. when clearly you had money

Don Revie was a brilliant manager because of the way he got his team playing, it revolutionised English football. He also went on a 28 match unbeaten run in the first division. He's a legend because he turned their fortunes around. They were also stopped from winning a European trophy by a fixed ref.

It is unreal for Dking not to be a legend.

Also, anyone know who I can talk to to get something fixed: my old (although technically newer after I forgot about this account) can't login, I've had them reset the password but it still doesn't work.

I reached the CL final with Porto in every season I played (7th season now) and I'm not even in the favoured personnel list... Was there for like a couple of weeks before the season "reset" in 2010 but never again...

Won all domestic titles..

I should be an icon at least... :mad:

my point is your saying you should ne a legend or an icon after a few seasons with no money.. when clearly you had money

So what does this have to do with thread? 'Clearly' you are completely missing the point, and while we are on the subject of money, if you had read the thread properly you will see that I had no money until later on. Again though, what does this have to do with the thread? as I said before, I don't get the point you are trying to make or what it has to do with anything being discussed here.

I cant believe I'm not even an icon, I mean seriously, it's ridiculous.

Any chance of sharing your tactic dking ?

No problem, it's pretty well known and if you can get the right players for the right positions, it's pretty much unstoppable.

http://www.filefront.com/15803247/10.3-Mr.H-_Zico10_gcs-beta-wizard--Everton-May-2010.tac/

I use the have faith team talks every single match as well, let me know if you want more details.

So what does this have to do with thread? 'Clearly' you are completely missing the point, and while we are on the subject of money, if you had read the thread properly you will see that I had no money until later on. Again though, what does this have to do with the thread? as I said before, I don't get the point you are trying to make or what it has to do with anything being discussed here.

grow up you don't become a legend at a clkub like leeds after 3 season lesgue 1 you would have been exspected to win that.then i bet you spent money to build a team for the next league.so doing that won't mske you s legend yet

grow up you don't become a legend at a clkub like leeds after 3 season lesgue 1 you would have been exspected to win that.then i bet you spent money to build a team for the next league.so doing that won't mske you s legend yet

He also played in the Europa League final (dunno if he won the final) won the FA Cup, the EPL...

Cheers for that :)

Let me know if you want any help with what players to use and team talks. I pretty much ignored what the creators said about what players to use in what position, I believe there wrong on some fronts (unless they finally updated it) and I think my results speak for themselves. I did mention it on the thread ages ago but it got ignored, for what ever reason.

@ Toon army 06. What? don't post when drunk! ;)

your not an icon because its leeds.. they may be in league 1 but ther a massive club like.. but maybe in another year or 2 or a few more trophys

Well since you cheated, you definitely kept up the Leeds tradition so you should be a legend for that alone. Contrary to popular belief, the game operates on a karma system, whereby if you're at a team like Leeds you should just never get any respect in the game :p

Although FM09 was a lot more brutal with legend status, I couldn't even get myself to favoured after nearly 20 years at Stoke, 4 or 5 seasons straight in the premiership unbeaten, and nearly a decade of 5 trophies or more seasons. Not to mention Keirrison was also there chiming in with his near 2000 goal career. When you've put in that kind of shift with them, if you still don't have legend status you should definitely be annoyed.

And just incase anyone does feel the urge to insist I cheated, there is various proof (in the sense of what has been requested to satisfy various other members) scattered across these forums which you could dig up lol.

Archived