Crashing on Mac

Whenever I fire up Football Manager on my Mac, FM freezes with a black screen and nothing happens. I am patched up to date and everything. Any ideas what is wrong?

Hmm. Try clicking on the apple icon on the top left hand corner of the screen and clicking 'software update'. Whatever is there, download it and restart. If that doesn't work, re-install the game. Maybe you have some dodgy graphics football manager doesn't like? Good luck, let me know how it goes ;)

^ Still having problems. I click on the icon and then it just get stuck and everything is non-responsive. This happens about 50% of the time I click on the icon. The other 50% it actually fires up.

Any other ideas?

:mad:I am having the same issue but I have only been able to get it to load one time out of about 100. Is there a reason this does not work on a mac, and it is not the internet connection as I have the disk.

I have the disc as well. Hopefully we can get a response soon as to how to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a message through sega help desk and after some initial contact they stopped replying to my messages and then said they closed the issue as I hadn't responded. So I still can't get it working and have had no progress.

• SI Staff

I had this happen to me a couple of days ago. First of all, my FM would just disappear without any kind of error messages. Then eventually it stopped when I tried to load a game up. All I can recommend is that you uninstall FM and remove the leftover files (in the Applications bit, not your save games, etc. in Documents), and then try and re-install it again and the latest patch also.

Archived