Favourite Club

If you send a player on loan and he does quite well, he usually comes back saying it was sad to leave and such. This usually means the loaning club is now one of his favourites, after less than a year spent there.

On the other hand, it takes years and years for one of your own players to acquire your club as one of his favourites. I've had players who have been with me for 10 years, but have not acquired us as favourite club.

Please change this for FM11. It shouldn't be so easy to become a player's favourite club just because he happen to enjoy a nice loan spell there, and it should probably be easier to get on a player's favourite club list when playing in a club for years on end. Especially players who spend virtually their whole career in the same club.

Some examples. I have a player who have been on loan to three clubs when he was young and developing. All three is now his favourite club. He has played four full seasons as a starter for us, but our club is not one of his favourites. This doesn't seem very realistic.

A DC I bought aged 17-18 has now played with us for 10 full seasons. He's been a starter practically since the first season. "None" favourite clubs.

A DL has been with us for 11 seasons. I loaned him out last season as I had promising youngsters I wanted to play. That club is now his favourite. But now us, who he was a starter with for 10 seasons.

Some players do gain us as favourites, but it tends to take a very long time, and they usually have to either be a youth coming through our academy (some start with us as favourite) or they have to do very well here. It seems to be easier for strikers, perhaps because they tend to win the fan awards.

Archived