Amount of quality lesson's over time..?

I'm just about to kick of the 2022/23 season so thats 13 playing years of FM/10..

Some guys over in the good - players forum kindly pointed out couple of my defenders are a little poor for EPL level. i have since spent hours scouting and looking around at the big clubs in europe and only found a hand full of players that actually have better stats in all key area's for CB's..

What i desided to do was down load Genie scout somthing i havn't done for this version and check to see how many quality players with a rating of 12 there are for top CB's in the game.. In total Genie found only 28 players from a data - base of 35320 players in the game, which comes from my game running 8 nations.. alot you may think..?

Then what i done was start a new game and load just 1 nation in and then check these same stats using genie, from my amazment from just a date - base of 10671 the genie found 79 players with key stats of 12 and above for a CB..

I have to say thats a huge down fall id like to know the figures if tested with 8 nations running..

to keep my game fun and competitive what i'm now thinking of doing is down loading the MRTE editor and using the export - import feature cloning some of the players and creating some regens of the same quality for the respective nations.. the only bad thing about doing this is i'm going to gain an inside knowledge of players and there quality so when it comes to scouting i'm going ot know who the greats are.. i wouldn't call it cheating as this isnt the goal but not sure i want to know hidden stats. may be i wont remember if i do large amounts at one time..

what are your veiws on this..? has any one else experianced the same in there long term games..? may be Si could make some kind of template or file we can add to our long term games to recreate regens to keep the no's level acrossed the board..?

Footedness skews any searching by stat. Better off search by PA and you'll find the numbers are fairly consistent.

And here we go again...

What's the point in having a 190CA centreback when he has 9 Positioning, 7 Heading and 8 Natural Fitness and a lot of his CA points have been wasted on useless attributes such as Long Throws, Long Shots or Flair?

According to your logic, if I was to find players for a basketball team, I'd just look for 6"8 guys, regardless of their actual skills... say a bunch of volleyball players would do just fine...

It's been proven time and again, with loads of examples, that the quality and the balance of the newgens takes a nosedive as years go by.

Saying "just look for CA/PA" is a cop-out solution.

i did check using ca and pa as a guide and yes the no's increased by far, BUT, like Kallie said, whats the point in having 50 players with 190 CA if they lack in key area's..? i may as buy a player with 150 CA but actually has key stats surly.?

This was somthing i stumbled on purly by trying to find players by there stats in key area's..

This has been covered countless times and I don't think you will find too many on this site who will argue that the FRED system does not need some serious work (okay, you will find a few).

Even the various patches of FM10 made changes to the way the game generated FRED's abilities. We can only hope that SI take this on board for the new player generation on FM11 and make an overhaul to give us more balanced youngsters.

I found, in a long term save, that I could train these FREDs to be pretty good in their position, but the AI teams did not do as good a job, which meant that by the 10 year mark I had a team capable of crushing all who came before me. It led me to believe I was an awesome manager until I went and started a new game and realised the truth.

Archived