It seems that playing away makes no real difference.

Just finished my 1st season, Tier 7, and it would seem that as regards goals, playing away makes no difference (unlike irl)

Home record was 20, 0, 0, 63, 6

Away record was 18, 2, 0, 60, 13

scoring just 3 goals less away always with the same tactic as at home isn't my idea of 'playing away'. It should be harder to score away goals. Maybe something that can be tweaked for future releases.

3 CB, 2 CM, 2 AM, 3 CF formation

T/T ' I want a win '

T/T if losing or drawing at h/t 'disappointing'

if winning by 1 'encourage'

if by 2 or more ' pleased'

Do other managers find that they also score home and away virtually the same amount ?

I'm managing in serie D with one of the better serie D teams, 38 games, I've conceded 3 goals.

Competition is absolute rubbish though, it's much different when you play top leagues.

Dunno about Serie D, but I well remember Serie C2C from my CM4 days.

Played as Florentia Viola (Fiorentina) and we once went the entire season 34, 0, 0, 150ish goals scored and amazingly ZERO conceded.

i can't attest for CM, but the last two FMs (the only ones I've played) I've typically breezed through lower leagues, from portugal to greece. Except one time I had a hickup in Serie C2 with pro vercelli....Two years in a bottom division, ruining your ambition blows!

I think away games are more difficult when you are playing against a higher rep team, with a large crowd. Realistically that's about the only time that is intimidating. Playing away in front of 500 people, isn't always difficult (maybe FM overemphasizes this?)

If you dominate a league as you have done, it is not surprising that the home and away recors are similar. As the competition gets tougher, then you can expect to have to work harder, with less success away from home.

I usually do awful away, my home form is usually solid, I can turn over the best teams at the Stadium of Light. I remember beating Chelsea 3-1 at home and then next game away at a Blackburn team that would eventually be relegated I lost 4-1. Really pulling my hair out.

I'm thinking of setting the team up to play defensive away from home, see if that makes any difference.

You using the corner bug? If so the results mean nothing. If not you are just better tactically at that particular level, with that class of player than the AI is. It will usually come down to better squads over all due to a human players endless trolling of available talent. Nice season though.

For me it makes a huge difference. In Dutch Eredivisie there are a lot of mediocre teams that you can beat by 3-4 goals at home, but who play their hearts out in front of their fans and teach you a leasson in away games.

I tend to find it harder to win away games, even when i have a fantastic team I can sometimes get an upset away but usually if i do stumble away it's a 0-0 draw as for some reason it's harder to score.

You using the corner bug? If so the results mean nothing. If not you are just better tactically at that particular level, with that class of player than the AI is. It will usually come down to better squads over all due to a human players endless trolling of available talent. Nice season though.

Not using the bug, still using 10.2. Though I did score 31 goals from corners, but when you have defenders and strikers who have jumping of 18 and 19 and put them in one on one situations with the keeper and the opposition's defenders etc who have maybe jumping 12, 13 at best, plus get around 8 corners per match, taken by a wizard of a taker Roy Van De Mije, you are obviously gonna knock quite a few of those in. (I would expect lower and lower as I progress through divisions)

However, the most surprising thing about the season, was that every one of my players was obtained on a free transfer for the wages shown. Don't know if they will sign for every Tier 7 club, since they probably have different reps, but they all happily signed for me (FC United of Manchester). As can be seen, only 8 database changes, and these were just renaming the team and renaming the chairman. So the results were also obtained without cheating.

49244307.jpg

19011574.jpg

In my U. Leiria (PT 1st tier) save I have better results away.. In my Porto save I beat everyone easily so.. :D

In FM08 I usually noticed huge differences in the results... Won pretty much every home match (3-0, 4-1., 5-0) yet lost half of the away matches some even by 0-3 or 0-4. (sometimes I even dominated but still lost..)

It's obvious by your results that your team is much better than anyone else in the league, so whether you are home or away doesn't matter, the opposition will see you as being a tough opponent either way and probably play quite defensive tactics home and away against you.

Archived