i3 vs Quad Core Q8300

Hi Guys

Im getting a new pc in the summer, and im really only going to run Fm 2010 on it.

Which out of these 2 should i get?

Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 530 (2.93GHz, 4MB)

8gb DDR3 Ram (4x2GB)

ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 1GB DDR3 graphics

VS

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Q8300 Processor (2.50GHz, 4MB cache, 1333MHz FSB)

6144MB Dual Channel DDR3 [2x2048 + 2x1024] Memory

ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 1GB DDR3 graphics

Im only going to play Football manager 2010 on this machine, i dont do anything else, except just surfing the net (Youtube,Hotmail,Sky Sports etc)

So the I3 has 2gb ddr3 ram more, will that make a difference to Fm, will that allow me to play more leagues?

Thanks for any help given.

I think the processor will have more bearing on leagues in FM than the RAM...

I've got a Q8200 with 4GB DDR2-800 RAM and can run 6 full European countries (inc. England down to Regional First divisions) with a custom large DB (all UK/Irish players, Players from top clubs: Europe, South America, Africa) and still have 2.5 stars.

I'm just guessing, but I assume the RAM is helpful in loading the player database. So the larger the database you use, the more RAM you'll want. Processor is more important for speed though, and honestly both will run FM fine, so maybe it comes down to price for you.

Also, @TacticalGenius, star ratings aren't really a worthwhile measure, as they seem to underrate computers, at least relative to people's perceptions of what a certain star rating should mean.

But Football Manager 2011 will still be a 32 bit software! :(

Oh well never mind, but f he's only using it for FM and nothing else it should be good for quite a few years so Id still go for the memory just incase FM12 or 13 uses 64bit

Archived