How do you still perform well after winning the title ?

Hi

Just wondering how others get their players to keep performing even after they have won the title ?

I won the title after 31 games, 30,1, 0, at the beginning TT I always told them I want a win and they duly obliged till I got to the 29th game and drew my 1st match (I came back from behind 2 times) since winning the lg though, I still tell them I want a win, and they are just scraping results against teams they should be walloping (or did wallop earlier in the season).

Seems that as soon as the title is won, players just cba to play anymore.

It's understandable that complacency can creep in as it's basically job done.

If I were you, I would focus more on individual team-talks. Check your assistants feedback before the game and he should report things like '**** looked cocky during the warm-up'. If you find players have this, tell them that you expect a performance. It normally eradicates any form of complacency.

It's understandable that complacency can creep in as it's basically job done.

If I were you, I would focus more on individual team-talks. Check your assistants feedback before the game and he should report things like '**** looked cocky during the warm-up'. If you find players have this, tell them that you expect a performance. It normally eradicates any form of complacency.

thx, still 5 games to go for a lossless lg season, though have drawn a 2nd match now.

Will try your above suggestion and see how it goes.

As it happened, the 'looked cocky' message never appeared, so maybe they were just performing badly due to a blip as I won my last 3 games by a total of 12-0 to end up 38, 2, 0, 123, 19 :D

Archived