Selection for lower lg cups doesn't seem fair.

In a previously created save, my team 'FC United of Manchester' Tier 7, were always selected to be in the qualifying round of the FA Trophy in the 1st season. Which was nice, as the team I had assembled always had a decent chance of winning it.

However, due to paying huge wages to attract my original free signings, and ending up massively in debt before each season had finished, I decided to create the game from new again, and go for more or less the same players, but offer them less money so that I wouldn't be in the debt I was.

However, this time around, even though I have won 19 straight lg games, I wasn't selected to be a part of the FA Trophy qualifying round, and th4 miss the competition altogether this year.

Since it would seem that the teams who are 'picked' for the Q round, are picked at random upon the creation of the game, and that no matter how many times you subsequently play that 1st season, irrespective of how well you are performing in the lg, you will never get picked for the Q round. It does seem to be against the 'spirit' of the game, that a wonderfully performing side are simply ignored.

Wouldn't take much code to look for the top 6 or 7 or however many Q places are allocated to the tier 7 sides, to put them in the Q round at the expense of just a 'random pick' at the creation of the game.

Archived