Ronaldinho to Leicester (championship)- is this realistic?

I'm leicester in 2013. I have been in the play-offs three times but have yet to go up to the Prem meaning I'm still in the championship. When going on the transfer list I was extrtemely suprised to find a 32 year-old Ronaldinho interested in coming to the club and asking for reasonable wages. I find this ultra-unrealistic and it is ruining the game for me. What do you guys think, would a 32-year old Rondaldinho go to Leicester?

It seems there are many times that these unrealistic things happen.

I'm sure there are many real life signings that you would have thought were impossible a few years before they happened.

It does seem very unlikely in real life but with how far Ronaldinho has fallen due to his own idiotic ways he'll be lucky to play for Lincoln when he's 32!

It is clearly unlikely but as PW says , there have been some crazy signings in the lower leagues- Sol Campbell to Notts Co is one and I am sure there have been more. I cant really see how this is ruining your game though.

its a game and anything should be possible I think people forget that, you will probably take leicester to the prem title and play champions league football that too will not be realistic but imagine if the constantly made you lose so you never go up or could never win anything the game would be very much pointless. REMEMBER ITS A GAME:D

ronaldinho is more likely to be playing in somewhere like qatar when hes 32. as a leicester fan i can only dream of us signing somebody like that but know it wont happen. mind you edgar davids was interested last summer

Okay, I can see the argument )prosenecko, Cafu at 38, Davids at 38 (?) but RONALDINHO at 32 with his stats still amazing asking for 28k a week!!!

I know it's just a game but it is the realism that does it for me. Without it I might aswell play Halo

but still to have the likes of ronaldinho at leicester would be great :D

plus does it matter if its not realistic or not just sign the player if you want...the way i see it FM can't be realistic all the time and as soon as you play a season or so nothing will be realistic to real life

Very unrealistic, in FM09 a 36 y/o Drogba wanted 28k p/w to join me (he was dropped by Chelsea) and I was in the PL which is more realistic

In FM10 I always see Ronaldinho transfer-listed when he's 32+ because of his low professionalism so attributes drop severely but since he's on 180k p/w he asks for 40k+ if he's joining on free transfer

Okay, I can see the argument )prosenecko, Cafu at 38, Davids at 38 (?) but RONALDINHO at 32 with his stats still amazing asking for 28k a week!!!

I know it's just a game but it is the realism that does it for me. Without it I might aswell play Halo

What playable leagues do you have?

I'll bet not many.

There's one thing that doesn't exist in FM and it should exist.

When good players get old (Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos,...) they should only accept to go to clubs that were in their home country (Roberto Carlos -> Corinthians) or go to clubs in the rich arabic countries and in the USA (Batistuta, Rivaldo,...). This, unlike Ronaldinho at Leicester, would be extremely realistic.

No, that would never happen. If Ronaldinho couldn't find a top club interested in him, he'd probably head on back to Brazil and finish his career before moving to Leicester, but you can't program every player to join or not join certain clubs. It's all about reputation and ability.

You say you want realism yet your playing a GAME. As somebody has already pointed out, with some good signings you could probably be in the Champions League in 3 season. Will you be saying its not realistic then?

I can see where your coming from though but at the end of the day its a game.

You can make plenty of unrealistic signings on FM anyway, so I don't see why this one should be such a problem. For example, in my current game as Southampton I signed Nicolas Otamendi at the very start, an Argentine international who'll be playing at the World Cup (and has stats good enough for the Premier League in the game). Yet he's willing to move to League 1 Southampton for a few thousand pounds a week. Same goes with Yannick Djalo, willing to leave Sporting for the promised land of League 1 in the game (taking a wage cut in the process), whilst in real life he's a key member of the Sporting side.

It does seem very unlikely in real life but with how far Ronaldinho has fallen due to his own idiotic ways he'll be lucky to play for Lincoln when he's 32!

Top assists in Serie A this season suggests he has not fallen as far as people think.

What the hell would we know what Ronaldinho would or would not do at 32. People are fighting over this as if they can predict the future and are using a game as their bloody crystal ball...

It is common knowledge that Brazilians tend to decline a lot earlier than most other nationalities. They usually rely on speed and skill and on most part are not hard working physical type of players. When these type of players go beyond the physical threshold of 30+ their lack of phsyical speed/acceleration affects their play in staggering ways.

I watched a documentary recently that talked about how Ronaldinho prefers less ambitious clubs and avoids any kind of leadership roles. They stated that he prefers to just play for fun and that he has done this all his career, even though his skills tend to attract big clubs. His lifestyle however leads him to accept big contract offers...

While he is a quiet guy on the pitch and in the dressing room, he does like to have a colourful life style and can be a bad influence on younger players so I would assume he would not still be in a big club at 32.

I would assume that a player like Ronaldinho will be at a small (but rich) club at the age of 32 (USA/Arab Nations)...but we will never know.

He could well be enticed at playing in England, even in the championship if he could enjoy his football without being in the media spotlight (even though he does like being a show pony on the pitch and in his nike ads) - and still earning a decent wage (usually cause English sides to tend to over-pay for wages).

thing is Ronaldinho has been downgraded to much in FM10 for me, I know he's not as great as he was but his starting CA is too low I think, (I won't say his CA as I can't remember how to do a spoiler tag) and he never improves not even a bit, he just goes downhill, his stats are still pretty good but as his CA does they do nothing but drop.

Top assists in Serie A this season suggests he has not fallen as far as people think.

Aye, was about to point this out, anyone who watched Serie A this season knows Ronaldinho has been great and it is a disgrace that the stubborn Dunga left him out the Brazil squad.. while players like Julio Baptista are in South Africa

Aye, was about to point this out, anyone who watched Serie A this season knows Ronaldinho has been great and it is a disgrace that the stubborn Dunga left him out the Brazil squad.. while players like Julio Baptista are in South Africa

Júlio Baptista has been doing a lot better for the Brazilian national team than Ronaldinho has ever done since Dunga assumed, so Dunga made the right decision here.

it would certainly be a crazy world where Ronaldinho joined Leicester, but we live in the equally crazy world where Claudio Caniggia, aged 33, joined Dundee, so these are wild possibilities that it's nice for the game to allow for. Maybe it's something that happens too often, sure, but it's such a random-seeming thing in reality that I can't imagine the hell it would be to programme it 'realistically'.

Archived