International ideas for the next FM

If the is one. this is just a small thread

1) Arrange friendlies before major competitions as this does not exist on FM

2) Ability to create a 3/4 nation comp between major competitions years?

3) Have a 30 man squad before cutting to 23

Small ideas but would be good to have in the game

4) International training camps before competitions

5) National pool automatically fills itself up (assistant's job?). I shouldn't need to pick every single potential player for Internationals. In fact I'd do away with the national pool altogether and have a concept of recommended players by your staff. The national pool is a clumsy version of Search > Players.

6) Backroom staff between your Under-21 and Under-19 managers and coaches, to see which potential youngsters to promote early

7) Ability to ask player to reconsider international retirement

8) Ability to talk to managers to adjust training, say you would suggest to Sir Alex that it would be beneficial to the England team if Rooney was retrained to AM C (fat chance of Fergie agreeing of course). Perhaps get training reports for players too.

9) The ability to ask your assistant to filter for Staff who would be willing to join you, just like you can do as a club manager. At the moment, I feel it's very hit and miss. If I think someone would make a good assistant manager/coach I offer them the job, but most people decline it, and I have no way of gauging who is more likely to accept.

10) Maybe a bit more public opinion and public interaction thrown in every now and again. For example, a normally average striker is having a one-off fantastic season in the domestic league, and the public want him to have his chance in a few Internationals. I know you can obviously watch over the Leagues and judge who's having a good season yourself at the moment, but would make it more interesting imo to have more news items about stuff like this. Then you could decide whether to 'give-in' to public demand, or stand firm and not select said player, and things like this would affect the public opinion of you etc.

9) The ability to ask your assistant to filter for Staff who would be willing to join you, just like you can do as a club manager. At the moment, I feel it's very hit and miss. If I think someone would make a good assistant manager/coach I offer them the job, but most people decline it, and I have no way of gauging who is more likely to accept.

10) Maybe a bit more public opinion and public interaction thrown in every now and again. For example, a normally average striker is having a one-off fantastic season in the domestic league, and the public want him to have his chance in a few Internationals. I know you can obviously watch over the Leagues and judge who's having a good season yourself at the moment, but would make it more interesting imo to have more news items about stuff like this. Then you could decide whether to 'give-in' to public demand, or stand firm and not select said player, and things like this would affect the public opinion of you etc.

I dont manage at internationa levels but if i did i think this would be a very good addition. :thup:

Is it actually possible for a manager to manage a club and international team at the same time like you can in FM?

Has anyone ever done it?

You should have a contract with the national team you manage.

Also perhaps if you do manage both a club and national team your club should be run by your assistant while your away with the national team. It's completely unrealistic for a manager to have complete control over two seperate groups of players at once.

If for example your national team has 2 friendlies abroad and your club has a game in between them friendlies you shouldnt be able to manage your club for that game, it should be treated the same way it would if you had a touchline ban(your assistant then takes over)

Then depending on how good your assistant is you could lose these games which causes problems with the board who will force you to choose the club or country. Or even if your club are winning while you are away it may cause unrest amongst your dressing room. The players might wonder why you are manager when they can cope just fine without you.

It's completely unrealistic for most Full Time Clubs or major International Teams to allow you to manage both. The big Nations (and medium nations, well most nations) should give you an ultimatium if offering you the job, club or country?

It's completely unrealistic for most Full Time Clubs or major International Teams to allow you to manage both. The big Nations (and medium nations, well most nations) should give you an ultimatium if offering you the job, club or country?

I know its only one example, but Guus Hiddink?

Sanchez was only given the Fulham job as long as he resigned from Northern Ireland.

Finland and Scotland have both told respective managers (Baxter & Smith/Levein) that they would not be allowed to take a club job. I also doubt Spain, England, Wales and many more National Sides would allow a club Manager to be both.

Ideas? I'm sorry but the international side of FM needs more than ideas. It's awful they need to revamp the whole international system and scrap the current one they have because it makes the game poor. I hope someone from SI recognise this to make the international side of the game better.

Ideas? I'm sorry but the international side of FM needs more than ideas. It's awful they need to revamp the whole international system and scrap the current one they have because it makes the game poor. I hope someone from SI recognise this to make the international side of the game better.

But what would you like them to do?

This is a simulation game, not a fantasy game - a true international manager is for 90% of his time a scout - international management involves watching lots of games, and only involves actually being a 'manager' for a few weeks ever year.

For the lesser nations you should be able to manage funds directing them into creating a better training facility and Youth Academy or pumping it into the leagues to attract better players. Also the ability to arrange more friendlies against club sides from neighbouring countries. This would make the job of a lesser nation much more enjoyable.

Also they need to add training programmes too.

But what would you like them to do?

This is a simulation game, not a fantasy game - a true international manager is for 90% of his time a scout - international management involves watching lots of games, and only involves actually being a 'manager' for a few weeks ever year.

It will add alot of realism to the game if you can choose a training camp in a country of your choice and invite up to 30 - 35 players to join. Then your assistant manager and coaches give you a tip about who should be in the squad seeing from the training camp the cut the amount of players needed have 2 - 3 friendlies and travel 7 days before the world cup. This would add alot of realism to the game, alot and also make the international side of the game better.

It will add alot of realism to the game if you can choose a training camp in a country of your choice and invite up to 30 - 35 players to join. Then your assistant manager and coaches give you a tip about who should be in the squad seeing from the training camp the cut the amount of players needed have 2 - 3 friendlies and travel 7 days before the world cup. This would add alot of realism to the game, alot and also make the international side of the game better.

But you were advocating an 'entire revamp' - what you are suggesting is a minor tweak.

I never said there wasnt a few things they could do to improve it (and the game as a whole) but from our perspective international management is really 'dull' because no matter what you do, or what you add, or how you tweak it (or even if you scrap it and start from scratch) its still going to be dull compared to club management because there simply isnt enough to do.

i agree with a lot of these ecspecially the ideas about training camps and backroom staff ineraction, i think the idea to be able to ask senior players e.g. Beckham/Gerrard on their opinions of players for example a very Sven esc route.

I also think that their needs to be a lot more media interaction, Fabio Cappello is always quoted in the press and regularly asked for his opinions on players, you should be asked questions mid season, while there are no friendlies

Archived