Nationality Of Youth Players

I know that most of the people who come through the youth ranks will be the same nationality as the nation that the club is based in. But what determines the few other youth players you get with different nationalities? Is it just random or is it based on your scouting knowledge of certain places? etc.

I know that most of the people who come through the youth ranks will be the same nationality as the nation that the club is based in. But what determines the few other youth players you get with different nationalities? Is it just random or is it based on your scouting knowledge of certain places? etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I don't know Portugal, but I wouldn't be fazed if a load of non-English players turned up in the academy of a London club from the neighbourhood - we live in multi-cultural times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean. I was at Arsenal in FM07 and had been going on for years. Used to get all kinds of regen nationalities (mainly Middle East African and Asian) - Mauritius, Laos, Lebanon, Turkmenistan, Gabon, stuff like that. Was pretty interesting. All would get immediate under 18s caps at least. Never good enough to play for Arsenal, mind. But they made a pretty sweet under 18s/reserve team.

• 4 weeks later...

So in hopes to get some more Scandinavian players at my English side club I hired almost all Finnish and Swedish personnel along with the scouts of Scandinavian nationality while constantly scouting Scandinavia countries, but 7 years in I have yet to get a single Scandinavian youth player. I have a pretty high rep club and I have 5 feeder clubs outside of my home country and I have a youth academy and a 20 for youth facilities, yet all I seem to get is Irish, Scottish, and English nationality youths.

Does anyone know the real or legit or any form to get a diverse intake of youth into your club?

i was actually going to bring up something like this today myself.

i'm into my 3rd season with liverpool (the longest i've gone in 08 outside of asia), my nationality is australian, my ass man is dutch, and i have hired a couple of coaches from spain, yet all my regens for last couple of years have been english.

it wasn't like this is 07, in the 3rd season i'd at least get 1 crappy aussie!!

i have high knowledge of quite a few areas coz my scouts are always out looking around africa and the middle east (i love signing saudis & qataries don't really know why!), yet only english.

i think it needs to be looked into, as someone said earlier we live in multicultural times, surely there are people with foreign parents in the liverpool area!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

It depends on scouting knowledge,but some players from your country to pop-up.I'm indian,had 7 indians come up in 20 years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My scouting knowledge of every Scandinavian country is full and my nationality is USA and have not had a single American come through, and I am in 2014. I have 0 English, Irish, Scottish personnel and every single one of my youths are one of the three aforementioned nationalities.

This really needs to be looked into in my opinion.

It was so much more fun to have random nationalities come through your youth academy on 07. I had a Mongol come through my Independiente academy - he was incredible. So far on my file (2019) I've never had someone other then the domestic nationality icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

It was so much more fun to have random nationalities come through your youth academy on 07. I had a Mongol come through my Independiente academy - he was incredible. So far on my file (2019) I've never had someone other then the domestic nationality icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have loads of knowledge of central europe and almost full knowledge of scandinavia and no youths have come through from here. All my regens are uk,

with several aussies and americans even though i have never had any knowledge of these two!

I'm currently tiverton in L1 in 2015

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

What team are you Konnan?

The way to get different nationality youth players, try and get a Swedish youth coach, you might see some Swedish players coming through.

Used to work for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boston Utd, all my staff are of Scandinavian nationality, even have a Swedish and Finnish Youth Coach

Yeah, big teams should be getting a larger sum of multi-cultured regens imo. If you look at Chelsea's youth team at the minute it's full of French, Israeli, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish etc etc... and they have a Dutch youth coach. I'd say it's all about scouting knowledge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suge:

Yeah, big teams should be getting a larger sum of multi-cultured regens imo. If you look at Chelsea's youth team at the minute it's full of French, Israeli, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish etc etc... and they have a Dutch youth coach. I'd say it's all about scouting knowledge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's not, just read all the previous posts.

feeder clubs have an influence over regen nationality aswell. i had a belgian feeder club, and got 3 belgian regens the next season. i also got 1 colombian, 2 german, 2 irish & 2 scottish after getting feeder clubs from those nations. before, there were no non english regens at the club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konnan511:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

What team are you Konnan?

The way to get different nationality youth players, try and get a Swedish youth coach, you might see some Swedish players coming through.

Used to work for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boston Utd, all my staff are of Scandinavian nationality, even have a Swedish and Finnish Youth Coach </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think at lower leagues it is harder

But saying that, what division are you in?

I think at lower leagues it is harder

But saying that, what division are you in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in the Premiership for the second straight season with a club rep of 8,123 out of 10,000

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by butts:

iirc its to do with nationalitys of staff at the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that, but also club affiliates.

Seems strange. No idea why Scandanavian are not coming through.

Maybe your forcing it too much?

Boston in the Prem- well done. What year did you make it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe I am forcing it too much, but don't congratulate me on taking Boston to the Prem. I used the FMM cheat to get an uber player and did that to win my league games. I know, I know, booo cheater blah blah, but my main concern is not getting any darn Finnish player despite a high rep, high league, all Scandinavian staff and all maxed out Scandinavian scouting knowledge with 6 non english feeder clubs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MSCCG:

I remember someone saying that a youth academy helps you get more variation in nationalities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already have one

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Heck, I got a kid who goes by the name of Yuri Stefanovic... and he's British icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. I'm beginning to suspect the programmers failed to morph indexical frameworks and brand synthetic deliverables. It happens unfortunately.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick-Scott Ervinseuf:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Heck, I got a kid who goes by the name of Yuri Stefanovic... and he's British icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. I'm beginning to suspect the programmers failed to morph indexical frameworks and brand synthetic deliverables. It happens unfortunately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Morph what? icon_confused.gif

That's not particularly strange these days.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

That's not particularly strange these days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very rarely happens though in the game. First time I encountered it really. Not a problem though. But I'd be surprise one day the English National Team would have a "Stefanovic" in their team IRL icon_biggrin.gif

his daughter Elena was one of the UK's top tennis stars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steady, I think she has only beenn as far as the 2nd round in any grand slam. Hardly one of our 'top' stars, not like we have a massive array of tennis talennt in this country anyway. If my nan picked up a racket she could be our number 3!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konnan511:

Maybe I am forcing it too much, but don't congratulate me on taking Boston to the Prem. I used the FMM cheat to get an uber player and did that to win my league games. I know, I know, booo cheater blah blah, but my main concern is not getting any darn Finnish player despite a high rep, high league, all Scandinavian staff and all maxed out Scandinavian scouting knowledge with 6 non english feeder clubs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If youre using FMM then why don't change the nationality of some players in your team to the country of your choice.

Maybe FM knows your cheating, therefore will not give you what you wish- Scandanavian players!!

About the 'cheating', you play the way you want, its your game. But taking Boston to the Prem without outside help would have been a greater achievement.

Try a Scotsman Called Zheng Ziaolong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

Try a Scotsman Called Zheng Ziaolong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's certainly not an impossibility, but why is it some Scottish regens come through with Chinese names, Facegen pics and second nationalities - and they are all born in Lockerbie?

Yes, the town of Lockerbie is not set as Chinese and neither is its ground so what's the explanation for this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

Try a Scotsman Called Zheng Ziaolong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Girl who plays Cho Chang in Harry Potter is Scottish. Not so hard to find Asian born Europeans these days. Whether she can make it as a first team Arsenal player is another story.

Archived