1 year + 1 year in my favour contracts?

Would also like to see these extensions triggered by other clauses, like Xavi's contract has a clause that extends itself by 2 years if he plays in a specific number (or percentage?) of matches over the next few years or something. Or make the clause optional for the player to take up (instead of the team).

Pay per play contracts would be nice as well.

This

Just this morning playing as Bath City in the Blue Square Premier I noticed that a striker I had on loan in my first season who was my leading scorer that year was available on a free transfer. I was pretty happy with my strike force and it was February but I figured it couldn't hurt to bring him in for the rest of the season on a cheap contract and wished I had the option to give him a 'Pay per play' contract as that way if he didn't turn out to be as prolific as he was a few seasons ago I wouldn't have lost much.

Anyway I signed him up and put him in the side for an FA Trophy game, he scores after 9 minutes but then gets carried off injured after 15 minutes. He's out for up to 3 months and probably wont play for me again but I'm still paying his £150 a week wages.

More flexible/negotiable contracts with a variety of options would be a fantastic inclusion :thup:

And even better if a player's injury record and personality impacted on what type of contract he looks for. For example Louis Saha was determined to show that he wasn't a crock and offered the idea of a Pay-As-You-Play deal to Everton.

Archived