game goes goal crazy..? manic..?

every now and then i find the odd game for me goes goal crazy. the Ai end up scoring like 5 or more and some times the games end 6-4 or 8-3. have to say this is really p1ssing me off. it seems no tactic i change to is able to stop these goal glutts..

Sometimes the opposition just click? I am sure the same has happened to you at some point also. I know that there are occasions when my team score literally every chanve they create. Rarely mind, but sometimes these things do happen.

If I think the game is gonna go that way, I would set 'contain' and some of the more defensive minded shouts (drop deeper, narrower) or try to keep the ball away from them (retain possession etc). Let the game calm down for 10 mins, then try to go back to my normal style of play.

I have had it once or twice, I was playing Sunderland as Stoke not too long ago, we were ambling along comfortably just in the upper half of the table then we banged 8 past them and the match was meant to be evenly matched and I had struggled against them previously but that game I just slaughtered them all over the pitch.

Archived