Is anyone still playing FM 09?

I've been playing FM & CM games for many many years, and used to buy every new game on release. However, after starting a save on FM 09 I have continued on with one saved game since release.

I'm now in 2037 with Colchester United, and have clocked over 31 days game time, an entire month of my life playing this one save! I'm starting to play against regen managers I've had in my playing staff at some point. So I figured if I've come this far I should try to attempt to actually complete a FM game, and by complete I mean top the hall of fame in every category.

So I was wondering have any other FM fans carried on playing an older version even though a new game has been released, and also has anyone ever just played 1 save on any version of the game; and whats the longest game time also?

I buy their new game as soon as it comes out, as I love to play with the new features, new players and 'better' match engine. For me, the newer version of the game is another great, fresh experience which I can play, and it comes around once a year. Unlike other games, which I may have to wait a few years for a squeal.

I started playing my west ham save on fm09 and forgot where everything was i've played fm10 so much/ am in 2017 with west ham, only wanted to play as remember I had Henri Saivet upfront and has scored 45 goals a season for last 5 years

I only recently stopped playing FM09 as I couldn't get into FM10, thankfully I now have a save on the new game where I can see me sticking to it until FM11 comes out. FM09 was my favourite version though, my Sunderland squad was ace, Bojan and Saivet upfront with Balotelli and Marquinhos as back-up. :)

I still play on FM09 and im loving it. I think i have about 16 days on it now. Ive been with Spurs from the start and im now in 2026. I set myself some goals at the beggining and wont stop till they are completed. They are as follows:

• Win League Cup (Complete)
  • Win FA Cup (Complete)
  • Qualify for Champions League (Complete)
  • Win Premiership (Complete)
  • Win Champions League (Complete)
  • Win the Double (Complete)
  • Win the Treble (Complete)
  • Win the Quadruple (Complete)
  • Become the richest club in the world (Complete)
  • Win World Cup (Complete)
  • Win World Cup with 2 different nations (Complete)
  • Have the board name a new stadium after me (Complete)
  • Have my very own son play for me (Incomplete)

I would love to carry on this save on FM10 due to better regens (GK's mainly), better sponsorship, better match engine and the chance to become a icon/legend but i think ill stick with it till FM11.

Archived