feeder club problem

hi im in my fifth season and never encountered this problem before, i can choose the club i want but when i do i dont get confirmation of the deal in the news plus i dont get the link either.. can someone help me out please?

im worried if i choose a team and have this happen again that it will break my save game. however its seems can get past it by asking the board to choose a team, the annoying thing is is that they dont find anyone :( i loose out eitherway

What's the problem exactly?

After a few seasons with the club, you can choose what 'type' of feeder club you want. Further long, you can choose the specific 'club' you want.

If you choose a 'type' of feeder club, the board will respond with their 4-5 suggestions in around 2 weeks and the link will be formed the next day after you've chosen one. Generally i leave it as 'Any Type' because sometimes the board comes back with nothing otherwise.

If you choose a specific club, the board will try and form a link with that club. After around 2 weeks, they'll inform you if the linkup was a success or whether talks failed.

Talks can fail for a number of reasons; the club you ask for could be of too high a reputation, think someone like Man Utd affiliating with Stoke City. The clubs facilities could also be of a poor standard, so your Chairman doesn't think the linkup is worthwhile.

What stage of the process is failing for you?

After you choose a specific club, the board will go away to the club and try and form a deal. This always takes around 2 weeks, not the next day.

After you've waited around 2 weeks, some news should appear telling you it's been rejected or the board have struck a deal.

I think theres a misunderstanding somewhere :D

When you click Board Request > Request feeder club, you have an option after a few seasons of choosing the specific club.

Once you choose a club and click 'confirm', the board go away and talk to the club in question and try and form a link.

After around 2 weeks, they'll come back with a yes or no. This has always been the way in FM09 and FM10.

ok... listen bud

i know how to do it...

i chose sundowns of africa....

i didnt hear anything for 4months ingame time... thats when i posted the first time.

now previously i have chosen a club via the pick certain club method and i have had the confirmation on the next continue game.. which is 1or2 days. i just guess it bugged out on me but finally after two attempts i have my desired feeder club

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having problems with feeder clubs.

I am managing Nuernberg in Germany for already two years, but my last dozen requests for feeder clubs ended with bunch of proposals for non-league Austrian, Portuguese, Swiss, etc. clubs. I have started the game with many playable leagues, at least two tiers in most countries, so it's really frustrating that the board can not propose at least one league club. I know that if I stay long enough, the board will let me choose, but atm it's way annoying.

Archived