How to get a Englishman (Whose eligible to play for Italy) play for Italy?

I'm manager of Italy, and have seen some excellent youth prospects who can play for Italy, I've seen about 5 so far, all capable of being Star Players. Yet, their nationality is English, Argentinian, etc. So my question is, how to get these players capped at Youth age so I can use them for my Italy squad in a 5 years time?

Cheers :)

Just try and call them up for any match and bring them on as a substitute. Once they have played for the senior team they cannot switch.

Excuse me for being slightly original here, but thats not a very realistic approach, surely we can be able to put them into the U21 without being manger?

Excuse me for being slightly original here, but thats not a very realistic approach, surely we can be able to put them into the U21 without being manger?

Unless I've got this wrong, they could still play for England after playing for the Italy U21s. I'm sure they need to get a full cap to ensure they can only play for Italy.

It happens every now and then, Glenn Hoddle did it with Matt Le Tissier :thup:

Well I'm Australian and we certainly do that with our star players (seeing as all Australian footballers are from European immigrant backgrounds). In fact, despite our best efforts, some of our most promising players ended up playing for Croatia. Maybe big nations in Europe don't have a need to cap so young, because they ar highly regarded, but it isn't that unrealistic in certain situations (Kewell was eligible for England, Schwarzer for Germany, Viduka for Croatia etc...)

they need to gain Italian nationality by being in Italy for 5 years, then if they choose italian nationality (still a chance they wont want to) they then have to deside if they want to play for the Italian team (look under personal details of the player, if there decalred for a nation other than Italy they wont play for you)

Archived