ok, had enough. great game, pretty colours, the sun always shines blah blah blah..but for flock sake fix up the offside calls.

every single game there are at least a couple of absolutely dodgy, insanely bad calls being made. not to mention the dubious once.

i realise you guys are trying to mimic the real stuff but if real refs were calling offsides as bad as this they would be shot.

some examples. my striker gets a pass in his own half and gets called offside. HOW??? WHY??????????????

striker is third in line and at least fiver yards away from the last defender, he waves through them, scores a ripper of a goal and then....OFFSIDE!!!!! AARGH!!

the worst ever call was my central defender getting called offside in his own half.

jesus people, can you please fix it for the next release. as i said, great game but this is nuts.

at my age, i shouldn't have to stress about stuff like this. could suffer a stroke and then you will be hearing from my solicitor.

ok, had enough. great game, pretty colours, the sun always shines blah blah blah..but for flock sake fix up the offside calls.

every single game there are at least a couple of absolutely dodgy, insanely bad calls being made. not to mention the dubious once.

i realise you guys are trying to mimic the real stuff but if real refs were calling offsides as bad as this they would be shot.

some examples. my striker gets a pass in his own half and gets called offside. HOW??? WHY??????????????

striker is third in line and at least fiver yards away from the last defender, he waves through them, scores a ripper of a goal and then....OFFSIDE!!!!! AARGH!!

the worst ever call was my central defender getting called offside in his own half.

jesus people, can you please fix it for the next release. as i said, great game but this is nuts.

at my age, i shouldn't have to stress about stuff like this. could suffer a stroke and then you will be hearing from my solicitor.

You overdid it with that last bit. Until then I thought you were for real!

I have never experienced any wrong decisions...

If you complain to the media about the ref then u ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS get warned or fined as the refs are always proved right. I don't think there are any wrong decisions in the game

If you complain to the media about the ref then u ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS get warned or fined as the refs are always proved right. I don't think there are any wrong decisions in the game

Oh but there are wrong decisions in the game, and in the referees post match performance it will usually highlight any, such as offside goal wrongly called, penalty awarded/not awarded, goal called for a foul etc etc.

If you question these calls in the PM interview, it will always say something like 'FA stays silent'. Because it knows you are po'ed about a v bad call and won't penalise you in such circumstances.

Just a quick question, is this on 3d or on classic 2d?

I seem to remember someone saying that the 3d can give you a wrong impression of where the players are when the call is made, so terrible decisions are actually perfectly good calls when you watch the same match on 2d.

It might be worth watching some of these dubious calls on the 2d match afterwards as well to see if that changes your point of view.

Not saying this is correct, as in an ideal world the 2d and 3d would match up exactly, but it is something I remember reading on here at some point.

Those more enlightened than me might be able to shine more light on it, or tell me I am talking out of my bum.

The offside rule is ridiculous, no doubt. But even though they are given against me some times, they have also saved me quite a few times when the opposition have scored only for it to be chalked off. So it does even it self out, kinda...

The offside rule is ridiculous, no doubt. But even though they are given against me some times, they have also saved me quite a few times when the opposition have scored only for it to be chalked off. So it does even it self out, kinda...

no doubt, i agree with you. the problem is that these bad calls and i mean ridiculously bad calls exist...for and against.

I do not have much problems with offside calls, at least relative to real life. What I don't like about refereeing in this one is that the refs seem to have no clue of the advantage rule.

For me personnally the only thing that have to be fixed re offsides are the 'passive offsides'... i really get annoyed when the ref calls an offside on a player lurking on the other side of the pitch, completely uninvolved in the play.

For the rest, it is fine... i haven't experienced too much bad calls and let's be honest in real life there are plenty of these (Drogba's offside against MU is the first that comes to my mind)

For me, I keep trying to create a tight defence which could prevent any through ball for their opposition as I am getting annoyed of the decision made by the referee, no matter the decision is right or wrong. Prevention will always be better than cure.

I do not have much problems with offside calls, at least relative to real life. What I don't like about refereeing in this one is that the refs seem to have no clue of the advantage rule.

or quick freekicks, for that matter.

dont usually get more than 2-3 bad calls a season, so i just let the reffs get on with their job without me badmouthing them.

actually the other day i got an absolute abysmal decision against me and i got asked about it. so i criticised it in the press conference thinking i will still be told im wrong anyway. well the media said i was right to complain and it was a bad error from the ref. i never even got the 'fa remains silent' thing.

Just a quick question, is this on 3d or on classic 2d?

I seem to remember someone saying that the 3d can give you a wrong impression of where the players are when the call is made, so terrible decisions are actually perfectly good calls when you watch the same match on 2d.

It might be worth watching some of these dubious calls on the 2d match afterwards as well to see if that changes your point of view.

Not saying this is correct, as in an ideal world the 2d and 3d would match up exactly, but it is something I remember reading on here at some point.

Those more enlightened than me might be able to shine more light on it, or tell me I am talking out of my bum.

2D and 3D show the same thing. 3D is more precise as the players are smaller. Both representations can be misleading and not represent the ME.

Show me proof of players in your own half being called offside. I've never seen that and with all the drama queens on here I'm fairly certain one of them would have had a stroke about it and would have been screaming bloody murder.

Also have you never watched a real game of football? Dodgy offsides are an all to regular occurence.

Show me proof of players in your own half being called offside. I've never seen that and with all the drama queens on here I'm fairly certain one of them would have had a stroke about it and would have been screaming bloody murder.

Also have you never watched a real game of football? Dodgy offsides are an all to regular occurence.

frankly, i don't have to show you anything. have you ever watched a real game of football? do you actually understand the concept of off-sides?

i raised this issue a number of times. i have been a member here, on and off, for the last five years. lost my password, hence the new profile.

carrying the 'semi-pro' tag does not make you a deity. in fact, the only thing it shows that you have the capability to type for a prolonged period. well done.

Archived