Pato £52M signing - Doing everything but score!! o_0.

This is sooo frustrating. My team are doing very well this season in fact. I'm abit concerned with Pato's goalscoring to be honest. He is my top assister with 7 going into the month of December but only has 1 goal! Funny thing is, he plays very well most games. Has this got to do with him settling into the club? And has a big name signing do something similar in your game. I feel the goals come but its a bit concerning that he hasn't score since August. Being out for 6 weeks with a torn groin muscle would'nt have helped either.

What do you think?

Maybe change his team role?

Change your formation so he is a loan striker? May increase his chances of scoring. Once he gets a couple goals I'm sure the goals will flow.

Change him to the teams penalty taker so he gets a goal?

Or just wait for him to settle a little bit.

Some players take time to settle. On the previous FM, I signed Aguero, and he didn't score till December. After that he was pretty good till the end of the season, getting about 20 goals in all comps. The next few seasons nobody could touch him.

As other have said, he probably needs more time to settle. Some players can take almost an entire season to do it.

I've personally played Pato in various ways, either as a lone striker, or had him paired up with one other striker, or even had him playing with 2 other strikers. He excelled in every scenario.

To be honest, he can be quite frustrating at times as he misses those easy 1 on 1 chances.

In his 1st season, he only scored 10 goals for me but in his 2nd season, he totally blew me away.

7pato.png

Pato is usually not as consistent in the first season due to being young. However, he improves in that regard by the second season. In my Milan game, he scored 32 goals in the first season, but at times had streaks where he wouldn't score, so I simply put him on the bench and played someone else. In the second season though, he scored 53 goals, and played much more consistently overall.

how are you people playing him? (those who claim that he has scored wonders?) i am having a similar issue with him (he is 25 now just bought him) and so far he's played probably less than 10 games and some subs and he is somewhat inconsistent and not the sure-goal machine i had hoped for.

i play with only 1 FC but who has the very good feeders and AM partners.

i read his page at the player forum as well as others but no one seems to be conclusive about his best role. i'm hoping that it is as some say that he takes some time to adjust to the new team.

I've tried played him as a trequartista, advanced forward, and deep lying forward. He did very well in all three roles. However, if I had to choose one and play him as a lone FC, then I'd choose the trequartista role. He usually does really well with high levels of creative freedom and roaming.

Well don't why people saying you should go for Aguero depends on avaible on each save game. Also you could of got Pato on free after firstt season like i did.

He got 37 goals in 27(9) first season assits 13

second season 34 25(4) goals asssits 16

Just started his third season with me and so far he on played 2 1 goal and 2 assits.

I agree with sebbie, what's the point of saying that you should of bought this player or that player instead? It doesn't help answering the original question in any way. The question is about Pato, not about Aguero or anyone else.

Hmmm, well with the Aguero thing. He was orginally my first choice but hes a club legend at Atletico and doesntt wanna come.

And i play him in the 'Advanced Forward' role with Rooney in the attacking midfielder role usually. He just got me a brace against Kobenhavn away to seal my place in the last 16 of CL in a very tight group. Hopefully he'll start scoring now because he produced when it mattered.

i play with milan and the best times i had for pato were him playing as trequarista (running with ball always, max creative freedom and roaming) on the right in a 4-2-3-1 system or one of the 2 STs in a 4-2-4...in both cases the other striker would be set as complete forward so they both get clear one on ones every game..

he's 29 now and scores at least 15 goals a season and around the same number in assists...having said all this, he can be a little inconsistent, might have a duck for 5-6 games then get a few hatricks

In my game i brought him to arsenal in 2011 and the first season he scored 37 goals in 37 matches in the league. but later he have a lot of assist, between 20-40 assist each season he was in arsenal and he scored in 10 season around 150 league goals

To be honest, he can be quite frustrating at times as he misses those easy 1 on 1 chances.

In his 1st season, he only scored 10 goals for me but in his 2nd season, he totally blew me away.

7pato.png

I know this won't help but what skin are you using and where did you get it? :o On topic, never played with Pato so i don't really know but i have had the same problem with Mohammed Zidan, solved the problem by playing him as a lone striker. Ended up as Bayern's top scorer 3 seasons in a row! :D

I know this won't help but what skin are you using and where did you get it? :o On topic, never played with Pato so i don't really know but i have had the same problem with Mohammed Zidan, solved the problem by playing him as a lone striker. Ended up as Bayern's top scorer 3 seasons in a row! :D

This is a netbook skin. Not sure if works with a normal computer.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=167235

Archived