How would you develop this player ??

Ive just bought this very promising striker from hearts for €5m

1zd8ygh.jpg

As you can see he is only 16 and looks very good already to go straight into the first team but im unsure on how to develop him.. i rememeber someone saying you can burn out youngsters if you play them too many times!!

so what im asking is what would you do?

Leave in the u18/reserves?

Wait till he is old enough to send out on loan?

Play him in the First team Mainly as a sub or against weaker opponents? (bear in mind i only just got promoted to the EPL so might not be many games for him to in)

Play him in every game possiable and hopes he doesn't burn out and might become a star at a young age!!

It depends on how many strikers you have in the first team, how well they are doing and if they are scoring goals or are they getting injured all the time? If you have strikers that are on form, this limits his playing time! If this is the case, stick him in under 18s. You could play him in the first team in the early rounds of a cup or league games, bringing him on as a 2nd half sub when you are sure of getting a result.

Personally, I would stick him in under 18s for a season or two, keeping an eye on his progress and playing him in early rounds of the cups. Hope this helps :)

I'm surprised you need to ask. From what I'm seeing, you are in the Premiership with Fleetwood in 2018? That's some going there, well done.

Anyway, if you ask me (and you sort of 'are'), I'd play him against weaker opposition and give him a free role; let him play his own game to begin with so he isn't pressured by a multitude of manager instructions, then you might see what he's like. Praise him often, and encourage if/when he isn't playing brilliantly (you can't expect too much of someone so young anyway).

I would also recommend that you decline to comment on him in the media when pressed, but FM being what it is, you'll probably upset him by doing this, even though shielding him from the media glare is the right path in the early stages of his career (see Rooney's early years at Everton and David Moyes' refusal to talk about him, for example).

I'm surprised you need to ask. From what I'm seeing, you are in the Premiership with Fleetwood in 2018? That's some going there, well done.

Anyway, if you ask me (and you sort of 'are'), I'd play him against weaker opposition and give him a free role; let him play his own game to begin with so he isn't pressured by a multitude of manager instructions, then you might see what he's like. Praise him often, and encourage if/when he isn't playing brilliantly (you can't expect too much of someone so young anyway).

I would also recommend that you decline to comment on him in the media when pressed, but FM being what it is, you'll probably upset him by doing this, even though shielding him from the media glare is the right path in the early stages of his career (see Rooney's early years at Everton and David Moyes' refusal to talk about him, for example).

im only asking because this is really the first time i have been this far in the game and always play as lower league teams trying to work my way up.. this would also been the first time i spent money on a youth player or even a player in that fact only used to get players on free..

but i have taken your advice and thanks for your help :)

I'd stick him on Tugs Training (unless you have your own schedules set up), get him tutored by somebody with some PPMs you might want him to have and good determination/workrate, (which is already pretty good for someone so young), have him in the first team but keep him on the bench and play him in cup games.

most of its probably already been said, but thats what I do with my promising regen striker i have at the moment :)

I'd stick him on Tugs Training (unless you have your own schedules set up), get him tutored by somebody with some PPMs you might want him to have and good determination/workrate, (which is already pretty good for someone so young), have him in the first team but keep him on the bench and play him in cup games.

most of its probably already been said, but thats what I do with my promising regen striker i have at the moment :)

yeah i have him on tug training ok.. have him being tutor by vittek so hopefully he learn a lot from him.. i was thinkin leaving him in the 18 to get goals and confindence's and call him up for cup and league games as a sub

Ok quite update on how he is getting on..

played hull in the opening game and threw him on in the 80 minute 2-1 up, he didn't have much time to do anything but i was happy to give him a run out, felt so proud :D

next game against bristol city in the league, i gave him a start just to see how he would handle it.. he managed to get 2 goals set up another goal and get man of the match..

while doing this he broke two club records youngest player against hull and youngest scorer against bristol city :D

As long as he's good enough and scores goals regularly (as it appears he is doing), then I'd see no need to bench him until he specifically needs a rest (jaded etc). Glad he's scoring for you - I hate buying a good player, or great prospect, and then being let down by their inability to hit the target. Nice find :)

As long as he's good enough and scores goals regularly (as it appears he is doing), then I'd see no need to bench him until he specifically needs a rest (jaded etc). Glad he's scoring for you - I hate buying a good player, or great prospect, and then being let down by their inability to hit the target. Nice find :)

cheers.. i know i would have been gutted to waste nearly all my tranfers funds on a player that will never acheive the prospect expected of him so hopefully he keeps it up.. playing chelsea next so this will be the first real big game for him.. i'll keep psting on how he is doing through-out the season

• 2 weeks later...

Archived