State of the art youth facilities

Is it possible to get your board to upgrade them to state of the art when the rest of the teams in premier league is only at excellent?

I realised that whenever I ask my board, they will reply something to the effect that they understand that the youth facilities behind the rest of the league and will upgrade it. But if everyone else is only at excellent, will they then presume that it is sufficient and never upgrade it to state of the art?

Another question is, how does having or not having a youth academy affect your regens?

I got a BSN team into Premier league and after many seasons finally got it to excellent youth facilities. But then, I still do not have a youth academy, and I can't get it any higher.

I have like close to 80 mil in bank so I doubt the lack of funds is the reason. The only question is, how come the board don't see the need to upgrade it to the max?

Anyone else can help shed some light?

the chairman has no ambition, i had a similar case where the board would not improve past good facilities in the prem in spite of having a reasonable amount of money, other clubs had state of the art so i was lagging behind. A change of chairman and improvements were made.

Are you one of the leading contenders in the Premier League? I've got it to state of the art before with a lower team but only when we were making the CL.

To note in FM10 they appear to degrade over time so every couple of seasons or so you need to ask to upgrade them again.

1. Money

2. Chairman

3. Rest of league

These 3 things all can affect your ability to improve youth facilities. If you have an unambitious chairman, you'll need a lot of money to get the go ahead for the best facilities. An ambitious chairman may take our loans in order to get the best facilities. I think you get the point.

And youth facilities just simply improve the odds of getting better regens. But wonderkids and near wonderkids are still very rare even with state of the art.

I've never gotten a youth academy, but I've never reached the point where I thought I deserved one. I'm 99.9% sure that they will set one up, but I believe it costs a good deal of cash. I've also seen adequate youth facilites+youth academy, so I don't think you need to have a high level of facilities before an academy.

My chairman is super unambitious I would say. It took me til premier league until he was willing to consider a parent club, but by then it is already too late.

Not like I can choose my chairman. If not I will ask him for his mutual termination.

@gazzamark: Sadly, I am not. It isn't easy for a BSN team to reach CL so fast. I almost did it last season though but a string of bad performances dropped me to 10th. I was 2nd til half of the season. Thank god I won League Cup by utter luck and got a EURO spot.

Archived