the 1 thing i insist on having in the next version

when you go to your assman team report it only tells you your best 11 and the best youth 11. what i really really want is to have the 2nd best 11 aswell, so you can better determine the DEPTH of your squad. when this feature was first implimented im sure that it use to have just the 1st and 2nd best 11 for your main squad, but it was then changed to your 1st 11 for your main squad and your youth.

plz plz plz add the 2nd best for the main squad

i would prefer the assistant tells you every position you need to improve in rather than just one at a time on that screen

I agree. The Assistant Manager's report screen has the potential to be very useful, however it's lacking in a few areas at the minute.

I would also like the assistant to take account of a player's ability to play in different positions better than it does. Maybe an option to choose a team and have it rated by the assistant would be useful. Taking in to consideration player roles assigned in tactics would also greatly improve this feature.

The point of the assman is to assist. oddly enough.

I find the assmen in Fm's to be laughable on the best of times so i don't bother listening to a damn thing they say.

Infact, i don't know why i bother employing one, i might just sack mine.

I like the fact the assman ''helps'' from time to time, but lets keep it at that.

I had a board come in and make noises about making my assman my replacement despite a good record and many cup wins. I paid little attention until they said it for the third time that they were looking into making the assman manager at my expense. so i sacked him. Problem solved.

I would agree they need tweaking as they seem to be more of a pain than a help. But thats all.

Yes. I want my assman to earn his pay. He gets paid quite alot okay. So I want him to do his job.

I know some posters did mention that they find the assman useless and their advice redundant. But I personally think that it is more of a balance issue. Like for example if your assman is able to give very good advices. Then everyone will be hunting for them like how we hunt for our 4 star coaches and 20/20 scouts using their feedback as the absolute truth.

I remember some previous patches in which the backroom advice on player recommendations was considered TOO GOOD and they have to tone it down. But there is a very fine line and a very tough problem to tackle how accurate or good should AI advices be. Not so much as a coding issue, but more of a gameplay issue.

Like right now, let's use scouts for example. If you have a 20/20 scout. And you happen to not use fm genie scout etc. You only need to take a look at the reports and can easily base your judgement on the number of stars a player is potentially able to reach. Anything less than 3, I will just press back and totally ignore it, because I know for sure that my scout is accurate and there is no point looking at that player even though he might have the most optimised attribute for his particular position. I am not sure if it is a good idea for the assman to be THAT accurate, but then again, he could be alot more useful.

For what it's worth, this is something I'd like to see too.

1st Eleven

2nd Eleven

Youths

well that is an easier way to put it. lol. this is what im on about, i would just like to have my assman do a bit more work. the assman advice isn't always great anyway, but it would be a little more help especially when you take over a new team. its the whole strength of depth side of the info that helps.

and to change the formation on that screen to different ones to determine which are the best recommendations for each position in your line ups for each tactic

thats a great point, would love to see that aswell, and a similar thing that jsut occured to me, why not have him take into consideration injured players??

id love to see the goalkeeper position in the "best senior players" and "best youth players", considering that they give defense,midfield and forward.

yep, defo like to see that, especially for youth

Personally that would be useless

why would it???

at the mo your assman say's things like "good amount of depth, but could do with another defender" well thats all well and good, but how good is that depth? is it as good as YOU want it?

if you take over a new team and need to make a few £££ by selling someone, and you have 2 back up right backs, it could help you decide which 1 to get rid of a little easier.

it shouldn't be hard to inplement at all, it use to be in the game and all your staff rate every player anyway.

ok, ill agree that it might be useless to you, but i would think that a lot of people would find it usefull.

why would it???

at the mo your assman.... talks a load of old cobblers

It's all clichéd nonsense from the 'Ass Man'. I think a more detailed overview of squad depth can only help us virtual managers.

*Note - I wasn't saying you (FMADDICT) were talking cobblers, I was simply reducing what you said. Just so there is no confusion, as tone of voice is impossible to project online. It's only after reading countless threads on here recently do I feel the need to explain myself more :D

Archived