Contract Negotiation Advice Needed

Am in my 4th season as Arsenal boss. Am trying to negotiate Hugo Lloris' new contract with me. I have 2 brilliant goalkeepers - him and René Adler, as well as highly rated youngster Alphonse Aréola coming through. Lloris' contract demands are absolutely excessive and I am after any tips to reach a comprimise and knock down his demands. He is asking for: 115k pw, 4 year deal, 11.5k appearance fee, 35k clean sheet bonus (a major bone of contention) and a signing on fee of 2.7m (All values are in Euros). I am simply not willing to offer him this in any way shape or form. He has less than 2 years to run on current deal and I will cash in if i have to.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated

I would sell him, generally you don't need two *world class* keepers, I normally have one world class and one promising youngster to play in cup games etc

I agree with this. I don't think it is necessary to have most Adler and Lloris. I have 3 Keepers on my City save. Given, who is number 1. Joe Hart of course and Smithies who are both great back-ups and will look to take the number 1 spot soon.

Cash in on Lloris as soon as possible

well after trying to cash in on him, i have been unable to generate any interest whatsoever. tried usual things like offering, transfer listing etc, but no joy. any more suggestions?

Archived