Sports Interactive Testing Team are hiring!

• Administrators

Do you have what it takes to help us make our games better?

Sports Interactive are looking for people to join their QA department to test Football Manager & Football Manager Handheld across PC, Mac, Sony PSP & Apple devices.

This is a great opportunity for those who are looking for the ultimate temporary job or someone looking to gain some experience in the games industry.

Initial contract duration is 3 months from the date of employment with the possibility of an extension.

Requirements

- You must be at least 16 years old to be considered for the role.

- You must be able to commute to our Central London office in the UK.

- You must be able to work Monday-Friday based on a 37.5 hour working week.

- You should expect to work some overtime when requested.

- You should be a dedicated gamer and passionate about football.

- You should be comfortable using a PC, Mac, Sony PSP or Apple iPod Touch/iPhone

- You should have great attention to detail and the ability to spot issues.

- You should have a good standard of written English.

- Previous experience in QA is welcomed, but not necessary.

Sports Interactive offers competitive hourly rates and travel expenses.

Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining to us why you think you would be suitable for this role, detailing any relevant experience and including "QA Tester Application" in the subject line, to the following email address:

recruitment-qa@sigames.com

Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview at our offices in Central London.

Closing date for all applications is Friday 25th June 2010

Please note, due to the large volume of applications we tend to receive for these positions, we may not be able to respond to every application.

Good Luck.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the others say amazing opportunity but alas I cannot commute to London.

And I have to say, do you honestly want a bunch of Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs/Hammers/Millwall fans helping you to "improve" the game? You need to start opening some offices in the Celtic parts of the islands. That's where you find the real managers in the British game.

I'm interested although I'm not sure what I'd do about the whole accomodation situation having never lived away from home. I certainly would be willing to move for the summer though.

It ties in perfectly with me studying Software Development at college and I really fancy getting away for the summer.

I've got no commitments whatsoever currently which is ideal but there's maybe an issue of me supposed to be starting back at college early September.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I'd like to be able to work from home, no way I can move to London for 3 months.

Also I wonder how competitive the pay is, as I have a pretty decent salary already. Saying that, I could happily take a 3 month break to get a taste of the games industry.

• SI Staff

Definitely looks like a good job. Although the problem for me is when it starts. Imagining it won't start until at least July (since applications close end of June) and I have to be back at uni around late September/October. So if it's three months it'll be tight.

Definitely worth applying for though, good luck to everyone who does!

• SI Staff
I'm interested although I'm not sure what I'd do about the whole accomodation situation having never lived away from home. I certainly would be willing to move for the summer though

I was in the same situation as you 10 years ago and went for it. Stayed in university halls and learned how to look after myself.

I was in the same situation as you 10 years ago and went for it. Stayed in university halls and learned how to look after myself.

My mum was suggesting I do something like that, probably would be the best option. Reckon I'll just go for it to be honest, nothing to lose really.

My mum was suggesting I do something like that, probably would be the best option. Reckon I'll just go for it to be honest, nothing to lose really.

If a few people who come from miles away end up getting the job, looking into a flat share would be a good way of sorting it.

Can get a few decent places for about £250 a month each between 4 people.

I would really like to apply as this is my dream job because I love Football Manager so much and I would like to see the game free from bugs.

But sadly, I am staying in Singapore, so it is impossible for me to join SI in this present life! :(

Hopefully in my next life! :)

• SI Staff

And I have to say, do you honestly want a bunch of Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs/Hammers/Millwall fans helping you to "improve" the game? You need to start opening some offices in the Celtic parts of the islands. That's where you find the real managers in the British game.

We don't have a bunch of Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs/Hammers/Millwall fans in the test room currently, so that's not a problem.

Are you hiring for any permanent QA/Testing positions? As my current job is as a test analyst and I would happily quit it to come work for SI, but not just for 3 months, would need to be a perm position.

any chance?

We aren't hiring full time testers at the moment, and historically have only taken on full time testers from our test team at that time (as in temp testers becoming perm)

• SI Staff

Decided to apply now. Is there anyone in particular I should make the covering letter out to? Also, if it's not too cheeky a question how many people do you usually take on?

Cheers guys. :thup:

you really can be an a$$ sometimes.

Look at the EPL top 4. 3 London clubs proves it is rightly the home of football. There's only 2 places in England, London and not London.

I've recently just finished my last year of school (year 11) and reach all these requirements, but I won't find out my results until August. Does this mean I will not have a chance of being considered for the job? If not, then would you recommend I wait until there is a another chance in the future, if you do need testers of course?

:D :D :thup:

I've recently just finished my last year of school (year 11) and reach all these requirements, but I won't find out my results until August. Does this mean I will not have a chance of being considered for the job? If not, then would you recommend I wait until there is a another chance in the future, if you do need testers of course?

Its still worth applying Tom, of course qual's are what employers look for but if you do enough to warrant an interview you can improve your chances greatly if you impress, and hey, what have you got to lose? :)

This.

I commuted from Eastbourne for 3 months, but most of the lads (Ter included!) stayed in and around London, and they came from all over the place - it's more than doable.

:D :D :thup:

Its still worth applying Tom, of course qual's are what employers look for but if you do enough to warrant an interview you can improve your chances greatly if you impress, and hey, what have you got to lose?

kk cheers mate :)

Don't know tbh

Driving through London is a huge turn off for me, done it a couple of times, hated it lol

Please say you guys aren't within the congestion zone?

But other than that, work is slow, so a 3month contract could be a nice change, hell I might enjoy more than my current job haha

Don't know tbh

Driving through London is a huge turn off for me, done it a couple of times, hated it lol

Please say you guys aren't within the congestion zone?

But other than that, work is slow, so a 3month contract could be a nice change, hell I might enjoy more than my current job haha

I'm assuming you're from outside London?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/London_congestion_charge_zone.png

Part of it is, part of it isn't.

I already know where the congestion zone is, I've driven through it before

But I don't know if SI's offices are inside or outside of it, which is why I threw the question up

I'm 60 miles north of London, getting there isn't the problem (not long either to North London with my driving), the problem would be driving through the city, it's a pain in the ass and the % of idiot drivers appears to shoot up in cities

• SI Staff

But I don't know if SI's offices are inside or outside of it, which is why I threw the question up

I'm 60 miles north of London, getting there isn't the problem (not long either to North London with my driving), the problem would be driving through the city, it's a pain in the ass and the % of idiot drivers appears to shoot up in cities

It's probably not worthwhile driving into central London with the problem of finding somewhere to park and when you do, the cost of it.

Your best bet if you did want to drive is to drive to somewhere like South Wimbledon which has a lot of free parking, then tube it straight up on the Northern line to Old street (Which takes about 40 minutes or so)

It would be a long commute in though, you'd probably be much better off getting a train straight in or moving somewhere a little closer for the period.

Applied for this last year and didn't hear anything back, so not sure if it's worthwhile going for it this time around :D

Just completed my computing degree and obviously mixing that with FM for a couple of months would be fantastic, not too bothered about staying in Uni halls for the summer :thup:

Archived