Man City - Media Prediction = 1st after one season. Why?

Just finished my first season as Man City. Did well and managed to place myself 3rd. But the media has predicted my team to finish 1st for some reason, hinting on some very unwanted pressure. Chelsea did the triple in the first season, so why are they not predicted 1st? Would be the obvious choice.

Again FM conjuring up some odd things.

As Andy said, this happens IRL. As soon as Man City were taken over, the media were already saying they will qualify for the Champs League and maybe challenge for the League. Its just media hype. The have all the money in the world and can buy anybody they want so why wouldnt they be favourites?

The same goes for England. Our media and bookies make us 3rd favourites behind Spain and Brazil. Thats this country for you. Any other country would probably have Holland ahead of us for a start. 100% in qualifying and looking good in friendlies.

The same goes for England. Our media and bookies make us 3rd favourites behind Spain and Brazil. Thats this country for you. Any other country would probably have Holland ahead of us for a start. 100% in qualifying and looking good in friendlies.

The main reason we are 3rd favourites is because of the amount of money staked on England already. If millions were bet on North Korea or New Zealand their prices would come down too.

The main reason we are 3rd favourites is because of the amount of money staked on England already. If millions were bet on North Korea or New Zealand their prices would come down too.

Exactly what I was going to say, it is the patriotic, moronic fans that drive down the price...COME ON ENGERLAND!!!

Yes I know how betting works. Even so, the bookies opened England up at 7/1 third favourites anyway before a bet was even placed. Knowing that everybody would bet anyway.

Mancity have won the prem 2 seasons in a row now in my game and thats after the first 3 seasons so money is talking.

Well yes, its a little easier to win with all that money on a game. Real life though, a lot different.

Archived