Formation change to counter AI..?

Do any one change there usual formation to counter the AI..?

Formation's i struggle against whilst using a flat 4-4-2 are the AI's 4-1-2-1-2, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-1-2, 3-4-3

It may just be a mith but regaurdless how well my team are playing these games cost me points every time..

i never change my formation, through out the whole season..

i change roles sometimes, tweak the bars, i do the same during the game too and shout out

i change the whole formation and tactic every 2-3 seasons then keep going back to the best working one

I always assumed everyone did some version of this...

I play 4-4-2 at home, 4-5-1 (usually with a single DM but with 2 against particularly tough opponents) on the road. I have 4 different versions of each, depending on the difficulty of the opponent and/or the state of the game.

I tend to change my starting formation in reaction to the opposition based on their strength: I start with a controlling 4-4-2 in most home games or away games against minnows, a counter-attacking 4-4-2 when away to decent sides and a 4-5-1 when away against the hardest teams. From there, like PAULHOLMES, I'll generally only change my formation if I need more emphasis on attack or defence.

For example, I was 2-0 up away at Luton, my closest rivals in the league at that time. They switched to 3-4-3 and within five minutes' game time it was 2-2. Even my defensive 4-4-2 clearly left me too vulnerable so I switched to 4-5-1 to counter their extra striker and exploit the new space wide of their centre backs. They ended up winning 3-2 very luckily in injury time anyway (on the volley from a deep cross :(), but if I'd stayed 4-4-2 we probably would have conceded even more.

:thup:

Any change in formation will usually end in tears.

Just change tacs/shouts

Change of formation is a recipe for self-destruction for me :p

I don't even change my tactics, or use the shouts.

I do, however, change my tactics or use the shouts occassionally for experimental reasons.

I sometimes change formation especially when I did not perform well against the team before. I actually changed my formation before a match against Inter and it worked quite good. I beat them away and after the match Mourinho praised me for my tactical genius.

Archived