50% of Next Transfer + Buy Back Price

Ive just sold Chris Smalling back to Fulham at the start of my third season for £3.5m with 50% or the next transfer fee coming back to me but also with a buy back clause of £10m.

Does this mean if I buy him back im in effect paying £5m for him because I will get £5m back?

Ive just sold Chris Smalling back to Fulham at the start of my third season for £3.5m with 50% or the next transfer fee coming back to me but also with a buy back clause of £10m.

Does this mean if I buy him back im in effect paying £5m for him because I will get £5m back?

Ajax is wrong.

You are correct although the full £10m will come out of your transfer budget and then the £5m will come back to you as income from player sales.

I disagree with Ajax, I am pretty sure you will be able to buy him back for 10 million and get 5 million back as well.

So you were correct in your initial post.

In my experience this is correct and also if you include your initial 3.5 million you got selling him into the calculations you would only really be spending 1.5 million to get him back.

I will admit Im wrong but Im sure Fulham would have a case that the player hasnt been sold on, on the basis that you have brought him back.

I would of thought 1 clause cancels the other out, ie if he is sold on you cant buy him back, if you buy him back he cannot be sold on.

Like I said if it doesnt work like that I will hold my hands up

I will admit Im wrong but Im sure Fulham would have a case that the player hasnt been sold on, on the basis that you have brought him back.

I would of thought 1 clause cancels the other out, ie if he is sold on you cant buy him back, if you buy him back he cannot be sold on.

Like I said if it doesnt work like that I will hold my hands up

In my understanding, its a sell on clause. It doesn't specify to who. This is why I was thinking I could get him back on the cheap.

He's come to the age where he had to be registered and ive got a lot of better defenders at the moment. The plan (if he gets first team football at Fulham) is to buy him back in about 3 years when he's closer to his PA. Then maybe sell him again after a year or so for a big price.

As Cougar said, you will get the £5m back from the transfer in your 'Balance' rather than him just costing you £5m of your transfer budget.

As Cougar said, you will get the £5m back from the transfer in your 'Balance' rather than him just costing you £5m of your transfer budget.

Thats not a problem. I got an £88m transfer budget this season. Thats before I sold any players so the money wont be a problem if/when I come to buy him back

Archived