The worst injury I have ever encountered

Well basically I've never seen in recent FM years a more frightening injury then what happened to one of my player.

http://img215.imageshack.us/f/lorenzom.jpg/

I remember he was called up for the main national team for the first time. He did not play but I think he might have traveled with the squad (or I imagine it) to .....Turks & Caicos Is. !!!!

:((

Worst injury I have seen was to a player I signed for 8 mill for my Napoli side. He scored 4 goals in 5 games then damaged cruciate ligaments and was out for 8 months of a predicted 11. In terms of form he never recovered. He played 46 games when he returned and only managed to match the 4 goals he scored in the 5 games he played before the injury. Released him and he is now at Roma and has scored 2 in 3 so maybe his luck has turned. Never know might be a decision I regret. Think Roma will be my main rivals in my defence of the league.

I was ill for 18 months with a viral infection that manifested itself into chronic fatigue.

Had sore muscles, cramping and strange neurological problems daily for the first 6 months, where they thought I had MS or Lou Gherigs disease...

Gradually got better over 18 months but I still worry that I might get something like that again.

Worst time of my life.

Also if I remember correctly, a Sydney Swans player (Australian Rules Football) missed an entire season due to glandular fever. :rolleyes:

I was ill for 18 months with a viral infection that manifested itself into chronic fatigue.

Had sore muscles, cramping and strange neurological problems daily for the first 6 months, where they thought I had MS or Lou Gherigs disease...

Gradually got better over 18 months but I still worry that I might get something like that again.

Worst time of my life.

Sorry for you mate, hope it never comes back!

I had a regen suffer a broken back due to being flipped onto his back during a match. Kid was never the same since.

Broken back? that's way to serious, is it really in the game, he could have remained paralyzed.

I had a player out for between 12 and 18 months with a viral infection - can't remember how long he actually took but he was awful when he returned.

I remember joking at the time that I would get a news item saying 'Player X has passed away, attend his funeral?' and there could be a send assistant option.

and how is a player dying realistic? How many have died that we know of? 2? 3? 10? It is not frequent. Also, I don't think it sounds nice when a famous player dies...

I agree, a bit morbid to include dontcha think??

Worst injury I ever saw was to whoever's brain it was that decided signing Benitez as 'pool's manager was a good idea

Benitez who won Liverpool a Champions League and propelled the clubs stature back into the Euro elite after 20 years or so of being a past it team? The only manager in 20 years who took Liverpool as close as ever to the Premiership title? Don't believe everything the 'papers say, they're still just bitter because of the aftermath of Heysel

Callum Davenpor is out until 2011, in my save :S

That's the way it should be as its the same in real life as he is waiting on a court case. Poor blokes career and probably life has been ruined all cause he comes from a bit of a mad family.

Once had my best striker do his cruciate in, 8 months out.

Got better, then 2 weeks after starting to train... Did his cruciate. Again. :mad:

Thats what happened to me.....in real life :(

I haven't been on a team in 3 years....

Two serious conditions at the start of the game, can't remember the players name but one has Arthritis & some are probably aware of Ruben De La Red's heart condition ( is he still in the game 10.3)

I just signed him on 10.3 on a free after his contract lapsed with Real Madrid.

Wasn't there a previous version where a regen player could die? I remember someone mentioning it, but never actually saw it myself.

I don't know about previous but it does not happen now - SI are on record as saying this and personally I doubt this would have ever been the case.

Most severe "injury" case, historically IIRC in previous versions of CM/FM is when a player gets cancer. I don't know if this happens in FM 10. But certainly from previous versions, if this happens they ALWAYS recover.

In FM08 I'd bought C Ronaldo and 1 week before the transfer was supposed to go through he broke his leg and was out for something like 7-9 months. I haven't seen so many big injuries like that in FM10 (maybe I'm lucky), worst I've had in my team is like 2 months.

What version did players get cancer in? Again, a bit morbid even if they always did recover. Though a 'serious viral infection' could well be as bad I suppose, it just sounds vauger, like its a really bad cold.

To go a little off-topic, why do players never retire due to injury anymore? Used to happen rarely, probably the right amount, but I havn't seen in any games in years. Some players do every year, mainly over-thirty anyway, but always a couple of younger ones.

Archived