New or Classic Tactic System

What do you recommend. I'm in my 3rd Season now, had to mediocre seasons with West Ham and the third season sacked as i only won 1 in 11 games. I'm now with Leicester City. Anyway, I really like the classic system but I found I won more games using the new, does it really matter which one I use and what would you recommend anyway?

Also, Should I be listening to my Assistant Manager more. On the opposition instructions screen I always mark who he tells me to etc.

it is easy. do you play fm10? then use the new one. would you play final fantasy 12 using the sword from fonal fantasy 3? no.

As for ass manager it really depends on your knowledge of tactics. If you are good at it, do what YOU want. If you are not good at it, let it to the pros.

It's like riding a bike. When you're using classic tactics, the stabilisers are off.

Also, there's no point putting the stabilisers on if they don't reach the ground. If you're going to use the TC, you should use the shouts.

I keep D-Line, Mentality, Closing Down, Tackling, Passing Style, Tempo under the control of the TC so I can use most of the shouts and I decide the rest of the instructions myself.

Basically I can switch between attacking/defensive styles, slow or high tempo styles, high pressing or backing off, aggressive or composed possession play by using the Shouts without them actually altering the details of the my tactics.

If I couldn't use the shouts I would be pretty annoyed at the how the game was developed. This isn't ideal but it does work. However I am still not impressed that completely reverting to Classic means you miss out on a huge chunk of the new gameplay features and even this method is far from perfect.

Still, overall it is a good addition in my opinion.

Seems as if most of you prefer classics. I used to prefer the classic back in 2006. Had much success with West Ham in that version. But now im with leicester and struggling already. 1 game in and was 2-0 up against Southend, i lost 3-2. gutted but i dont even have 11 full team players as they are injuered so I had to promote players from the youth squad. THE YOUTH as i got no reserve players either. lol.

Anyway, I think i'll switch back to classic for now.

Thanks All.

Much prefer the new tactics. Maybe a few years ago I would have enjoyed classic better but I just find the new TC much simpler to use, I also feel like I don't need to be so detailed about my tactics. That and I really like using shouts.

Is there anything better than seeing that your team needs one little change in the way they play and do it without pausing, going into tactics, changing it, saving changes, going back to game and restarting the match? I mean, come on

I keep D-Line, Mentality, Closing Down, Tackling, Passing Style, Tempo under the control of the TC so I can use most of the shouts and I decide the rest of the instructions myself.

Basically I can switch between attacking/defensive styles, slow or high tempo styles, high pressing or backing off, aggressive or composed possession play by using the Shouts without them actually altering the details of the my tactics.

If I couldn't use the shouts I would be pretty annoyed at the how the game was developed. This isn't ideal but it does work. However I am still not impressed that completely reverting to Classic means you miss out on a huge chunk of the new gameplay features and even this method is far from perfect.

Still, overall it is a good addition in my opinion.

Pretty much this. I set tackling to normal for all my players.....they tend to get reds cards when tackling is on hard. I also only play a fast tempo.

I use the TC and tweak certain things to my liking.

Archived