Soccer Aid

For many this would add nothing to the game and I don't think the effort involved in adding it would be worth the trouble and might pull resources off the areas that need more development.

That said, if it was in the game, it would be interesting to me to manage, same as if they added testimonials.

I'm open to the idea of testimonials. They would literally take 10 seconds to implement though so may be worth it.

Something like when a player reaches 10 years at a club and then retires, we get a message in our inbox at the start of a new season along the lines of "Player X's testimonial took place at Villa Park on Tuesday. Among the players on the field were former Villa's favourites Dean Saunders, Brad Friedel etc. The event is estimated to have raised £10,000 for charity"

Wouldn't take much and would add abit of gloss to long-term games.

I'm open to the idea of testimonials. They would literally take 10 seconds to implement though so may be worth it.

Something like when a player reaches 10 years at a club and then retires, we get a message in our inbox at the start of a new season along the lines of "Player X's testimonial took place at Villa Park on Tuesday. Among the players on the field were former Villa's favourites Dean Saunders, Brad Friedel etc. The event is estimated to have raised £10,000 for charity"

Wouldn't take much and would add abit of gloss to long-term games.

Love it! Get it done for 2011 SI!

Any chance that this could be included into the next fm but as there isn't a very big chance of celebrity's so why not managers or even non league players as they could be able to play against ex worldclass

This isn't a bad idea. Why everyone think its pointless??? It happens in real life, why not FM. If you think about it wouldnt you enjoy it if you were asked to manage England or Rest of the world. Robbie Williams, Alan shearer, Teddy Sherringham etc :D

This isn't a bad idea. Why everyone think its pointless??? It happens in real life, why not FM. If you think about it wouldnt you enjoy it if you were asked to manage England or Rest of the world. Robbie Williams, Alan shearer, Teddy Sherringham etc :D

Its a terrible idea.

None of the players would be already in the game so would all have to be created for a start with attributes etc.

How many do you then create?

What attributes do you give them?

Who judges them?

Who decides which celebrities should be included?

Does it create a legal issue having celebrities in the game?

All just for one match as the players couldn't be used in any proper teams.

I can't wait for this to happen then :D Be sure to stay in touch for the foreseeable future. But to be honest this Soccer AIDS idea is pretty interesting :D

Not only is it completely implausible, it would bring nothing to the game really. The testimonial idea on the other hand would be great, I'm onboard for that :thup:

Also the thought of seeing Heskey raise the world cup makes my head hurt

Not only is it completely implausible, it would bring nothing to the game really. The testimonial idea on the other hand would be great, I'm onboard for that :thup:

Also the thought of seeing Heskey raise the world cup makes my head hurt

Don't worry, he'd fall over and drop it.

Archived