Does your gaming day nearly always restart with a loss ?

Have many others noticed this "problem" ?

You can play all day long with your team, and go unbeaten for say 30 games in all comps.

Switch comp off, reload the game, and no matter what crap you play against (even at home) you can almost guarantee that your 1st game will end in a loss. And this happens on virtually every occasion that I reload up to start another day's play. To say that it is "annoying" is an understatement.

Surely it can't just be a coincidental loss, because it happens on way way way too many occasions.

I know that FM2010 is meant to reflect rl more than previous versions, but since when did switching off for a day and coming back to an immediate loss with your wonder team against almost any opposition reflect rl ?

its probably more likely that you turn FM off when you have a more difficult game ahead - if you see that you next game is at home to the bottom club you'll just play it, but if its a tough game you are more likely to leave it.

its probably more likely that you turn FM off when you have a more difficult game ahead - if you see that you next game is at home to the bottom club you'll just play it, but if its a tough game you are more likely to leave it.

It doesn't matter what the opposition is, there are no tough games at lv 7. But my most recent loss was to a team who hadn't won in 10, and their previous 7 were losses,and I was at home.

Other times have lost to teams who have lost last 3 or whatever.

Lg position just doesn't seem to matter, or what their current form has been like or their morale.

If I have gone unbeaten all the previous day, I will still lose (employing exactly the same tactics that got me e.g 17, 3, 0 in lg, and 7, 0 in cups) to the very next team i play.

I swear the AI looks at my (lossless lg) record when the game is next loaded up and says " right, I'm having this basta** "

This has now happened to me 7 times in a row with a previousy lossless lg record.

I have experienced that as well. One session going brilliant, the next going badly. Often, the first match of one session will be paramount for what's to come. Me and my friends call it "the save effect". Hence, we will not stop playing if the next game is crucial as we don't want to lose it to that.

Obviously, this is pure superstition, but I guess this is what we are talking about.

In all fairness, this was more of an issue in earlier versions and I believe I once even read about its cause (thereby its existence was confirmed). That is however fixed for a long time now.

I have experienced that as well. One session going brilliant, the next going badly. Often, the first match of one session will be paramount for what's to come. Me and my friends call it "the save effect". Hence, we will not stop playing if the next game is crucial as we don't want to lose it to that.

Obviously, this is pure superstition, but I guess this is what we are talking about.

In all fairness, this was more of an issue in earlier versions and I believe I once even read about its cause (thereby its existence was confirmed). That is however fixed for a long time now.

Nah, it aint superstition, it seems to be fact.

Turned comp off earlier as had to go out. Had an 10-0 lg record, scoring 4 per game.

Switched back on, lost 2-1 to the 17th club who had lost their last 3. Who ofc scored with a 30yd free kick with the first touch of the game by a guy who had free kick taking of 6 and by one of my guys putting into his own net.

I'm not saying I want to win every match I play. But when seemingly EVERY time I switch the comp off and then restart play, I immediately lose a previously unbeaten record to some crap, whether by a bad referreing decision, players scoring own goals, ridiculous free kicks etc etc, tells me that somewhere something just ain't right with what the ME/AI looks at whenever a previously unbeaten season is loaded back in to restart play.

If you don't believe it, try it yourself next time you start a lg season unbeaten in x games.

I haven't seen this in the game i'm playing atm but I do recall seeing something said about a seed to do with form changing on load up. If that's correct, it wouldn't make you lose but it could have a contribution to it. Even if that is the case, it would still be real bad luck for it to happen 7 times in a row.

Nah, it aint superstition, it seems to be fact.

Turned comp off earlier as had to go out. Had an 10-0 lg record, scoring 4 per game.

Switched back on, lost 2-1 to the 17th club who had lost their last 3. Who ofc scored with a 30yd free kick with the first touch of the game by a guy who had free kick taking of 6 and by one of my guys putting into his own net.

I'm not saying I want to win every match I play. But when seemingly EVERY time I switch the comp off and then restart play, I immediately lose a previously unbeaten record to some crap, whether by a bad referreing decision, players scoring own goals, ridiculous free kicks etc etc, tells me that somewhere something just ain't right with what the ME/AI looks at whenever a previously unbeaten season is loaded back in to restart play.

If you don't believe it, try it yourself next time you start a lg season unbeaten in x games.

You're seeing patterns that don't exist because you're a human. You discard instances that don't fit with your theory as anomalous and forget about them.

It's not a fact, it's superstition.

i always save my game before a home game and invariably win. i do notice patterns though. did this in 6 game patterns.... part 1..... won 5 drew 1 conceded 0. part 2..... won 4 drew 1 lost 1 conceded 1 goal in every game. part 3.... played 6 won 5 drew 1 scored at least 2 in every game. so i seem 2 know after 2 games of a restart how my team is playing

i dont think its the game ano when i am well into it i pick the right teams make the right subs say the right things and win but if doing something else at the same time i dont really look at it properly and end up loosing

I haven't seen this in the game i'm playing atm but I do recall seeing something said about a seed to do with form changing on load up. If that's correct, it wouldn't make you lose but it could have a contribution to it. Even if that is the case, it would still be real bad luck for it to happen 7 times in a row.

This would seem about right then.

I used to notice it on CM4 all the time, but (even with a bad seed) it never affected me since my team was light years ahead of anything else, and I would still win anyway. But it would explain why the teams who were only just a few points behind me after say 28 games (when I was 28-0-0) would suddenly collapse in a major way, and the teams who were on the bottom 3 places would suddenly start winning nearly every game.

Here I notice it personally (the seed) since my team is better than anything else in the division, but not by light years. Hence losing games when restart for the day. Will just have to wait till I am due to play an absolutely awful side before saving for the day I suppose.

Agree with this and also this is what I do.

This was a long time ago! 07 or 08?

You're seeing patterns that don't exist because you're a human. You discard instances that don't fit with your theory as anomalous and forget about them.

It's not a fact, it's superstition.

This :thup:

So it's been changed now?

As far as I know it has. :):thup:

Before indeed there was some truth to the rumour and an important value determining a run of a team was 'forgotten' upon reload as far as I'm aware.

Yet I may also read a post by an SI employee who denied that was ever the case. Don't remember properly.

maybe the OP starts a days play in a certain style, but this changes the longer he plays. maybe this original style is rather unproductive and his potentially more lackadasical style might be more effective

As far as I know it has. :):thup:

Before indeed there was some truth to the rumour and an important value determining a run of a team was 'forgotten' upon reload as far as I'm aware.

Yet I may also read a post by an SI employee who denied that was ever the case. Don't remember properly.

The post I seem to recall was from an SI employee, good news if it has changed though.

So yeah speople, making up patterns :D

The post I seem to recall was from an SI employee, good news if it has changed though.

So yeah speople, making up patterns :D

Making up patterns or not. It still seems strange that previously long streak undefeated seasons come to an abrupt end nearly every time I load back up for a days' play, with no tactical, positional, squad changes etc

Making up patterns or not. It still seems strange that previously long streak undefeated seasons come to an abrupt end nearly every time I load back up for a days' play, with no tactical, positional, squad changes etc

Your streak has to end some time. As does the opponents losing streak.

Archived