New Stadium for Manchester City.

I have posted this in the city thread in the good player and team forum aswell, but the thread doesnt seem very active right now.

Im in the year 2020, the best manager worldwide, club legend, won everything including the league for the past 10 years on the trot, but yet still no new stadium.

I know the City of Manchester Stadium is a newish stadium, but surely in the next ten years it would be improved? it seems to got to 60k capacity and no more.

Has anyone got a new stadium for Manchester City before, if so when?

That's what I like to know too. I'm in 2017 with my Man City save and wondering when the club will get a new stadium.

The City of Manchester Stadium have a maximum of 60k extension capacity. So a new stadium is the solution. I'm also a legend on my save.

Seems like I have to play until 2030-2040 to get a new stadium :D

The chance of getting a stadium is random, this has been proved by someone who saved the game before the new stadium announcement period and reloaded the game until they got one.

You do need to have three things in place if I recall correctly:

1) You must be filling your stadium and have fans who can not get seats.

2) The council must be blocking your future stadium expansions.

3) You must have a very healthy bank balance at the start of the new stadium period.

I can not find the post, but I think the period in question is may.

So if you satisfy these three criteria, it is then down to a lottery each season if you get a new stadium announcement.

The chance of getting a stadium is random, this has been proved by someone who saved the game before the new stadium announcement period and reloaded the game until they got one.

You do need to have three things in place if I recall correctly:

3) You must have a very healthy bank balance at the start of the new stadium period.

I can not find the post, but I think the period in question is may.

So if you satisfy these three criteria, it is then down to a lottery each season if you get a new stadium announcement.

Bank balance doesn't really matter as your board will take out a loan to finance the building of a new stadium if need be.

You think that's bad? When at Liverpool, I was without doubt the best manager in the game, won the league and FA cup every season, everything else was won most seasons. We were super rich, due to great sponsorship deals and the fact that I was hardly buying anyone, and was selling off talented players. I mean, by the time I left, there was 800 million in the bank.

Yet the board won't build a new one. We were stuck in Anfield the whole time. While I realise I don't have the divine right to get a new stadium, any Liverpool Chairman in that position would have built a new stadium. Which is why I left, and 1 1/2 seasons later am at spurs, and after this season, will be looking to rival my old team and show them what they're missing.

Man City moved to the 64k Goater Stadium in 2019 in mine.

Have had a few new stadiums. I was at Tottenham when they moved to a new 73k Saunders Park, Liverpool moved to 59k Gerrard Stadium, Chelsea to 57k Chelsea Stadium and I was at Forest when they moved to 43k Nottm Forest Stadium (not even cloughie). Tottenham have now moved to a new 104k Rooney Arena.

One thing i have found is that new stadiums all have 65k max expansion (used FMRTE to check). Tottenham would never upgrade despite me selling out for over 10 years hence the new stadium. Also tested it with both Liverpool and City. Both would expand to 65k but then it was always blocked.

Archived