Calling clubs by the wrong name

I'm playing in the Ukrainian league system and a lot of the clubs names are slightly wrong. They call them Dinamo Kiev when it's actually Dynamo Kiyv. They call them Metalurg D and Zp, when it's actually Metalurh. There's also a couple of others. I know it's not that important but what's the point in slightly changing their names?

The club names are set by the researchers and sometimes they decide that the name that the team is recognised internationally by is used rather than the linguistically correct one. It is not an error but a decision of choice.

I'm playing in the Ukrainian league system and a lot of the clubs names are slightly wrong. They call them Dinamo Kiev when it's actually Dynamo Kiyv. They call them Metalurg D and Zp, when it's actually Metalurh. There's also a couple of others. I know it's not that important but what's the point in slightly changing their names?

Actually it's Dynamo Kyiv.

Isn't it normal that things are called different in different languages? In Germany we say Dynamo Kiew. We also say München and Köln whereas the English say Munich and Cologne. It doesn't bother me at all tbh.

Isn't it normal that things are called different in different languages? In Germany we say Dynamo Kiew. We also say München and Köln whereas the English say Munich and Cologne. It doesn't bother me at all tbh.

Yes in England we call Manchester United Manure, but only the english people know that.

You can change club names by yourself.

Just create new file in notepad and write this for example:

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 1885 "Futbolnyj Klub Dynamo Kyiv" ""

"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 1885 "Dynamo Kyiv" ""

then save this file as *.lnc for example: clubs.lnc

and paste this file here: Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\lnc\all

but I'am not sure if you have to start new game.

Yes in England we call Manchester United Manure, but only the english people know that.

Ha, now I know it, too! With my superior knowledge I can now.. well, nevermind.

@ Zigi: No, you don't have to start a new game, only reload skin.

Archived