Promoted via play-offs!

For the first ever time on any version of the game, i have been promoted via the play offs! I have had miserable performances so many times at wembley that i always despair when reaching the play-offs, and having gone 1-0 down in the first minute and being dominated in the first 20, i was preparing to lose!

However, my team turned it round, Alipio performing for the first time since i brought him, his hat-trick helping us to a 7-1 victory!

Just thought i'd share, and as an afterthought, how many of you have had such one sided play off finals??

PromotiontothePrem.jpg

I've won a play-off final 4 - 0 between Swindon and Millwall (Ironic or what for a fixture?), in the first season.

First time I'd ever actually finished in the play-offs, i either win the league, or take an automatic promotion spot or finish outside the play-offs.

Somehow, winning the play-offs was more satisfying than finishing second.

No question, finishing second is usually a disappointment, especially if you've come close to the title. I have a good playoff record on FM10 (the first FM/CM where I ever encountered playoffs incidentally). So far played 5 playoff campaigns (2 with RBC Roosendaal, 1 each with Oldham, York and Blyth) and have won each one. Hoping not to add a sixth though on my new Newcastle save haha.

Archived