City Attraction

I would say the city attractionand size are pretty obvious! How attractive the city is to players considering living there, and how large the city is in terms of the country/world. Will have an impact on whether a player wants to join you, along with club rep etc. More attractive city will make a player more likely to want to join you. Think Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Dubai etc

The bigger the city the more attractive the club will be to players, which is complete rubbish in real life as players mostly live outside of the city.

It isn't complete rubbish. Roy Keane didn't think many players would sign for Sunderland because their wives would have nowhere to shop, for example. The attraction of the city is a factor for many players.

On FM2009 I sold a player, and the news report stated that his reason for leaving was that he wanted to live in a more metropolitan area.

Whether that was cosmetic or not I don't know, but if not I guess certain characters might move for that reason.

Attraction would be things such as the quality of homes, shops etc there, and the crime-rate would have some kind of factor in that i'd imagine.

I for one know if I was a footballer I'd rather live as far away from Liverpool as possible, regardless of whether or not I played for Liverpool.

Archived