Have you ever set out to injure someone ?

Like the old hatchet man option on an older version of CM ?

Have Newcastle in the FA Cup, Owen scored 2 goals against me at home and we drew 2-2. Have the replay coming up. I'm Bristol City by the way. I have never set about injuring anyone before and to my shame I was thinking of setting a man marker on Owen, with tight marking and hard tackling ? I assume this is the closest you can get to injuring a player ?

Anyone done this before and with what result ?

The obvious flaw in this is that my defender could get a red card, Owen doesn't get injured and scores a hat trick against my 10 men !

Have Newcastle in the FA Cup, Owen scored 2 goals against me at home and we drew 2-2. Have the replay coming up. I'm Bristol City by the way. I have never set about injuring anyone before and to my shame I was thinking of setting a man marker on Owen, with tight marking and hard tackling ? I assume this is the closest you can get to injuring a player ?

The obvious flaw in this is that my defender could get a red card, Owen doesn't get injured and scores a hat trick against my 10 men !

Nope but fancied getting a hit man in to shoot Eto of Barca, Rumours that the Valencia manager tried to knock him down with his car were a lie I tell you! I was just trying driving at speed on the pavement.

Back to reality – We do joke in the clan game to other players that if they injure say said player it would a nice……..dont think anyone has successfully done it yet or really on purpose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amplifierworship:

If I notice any of their players doing it in the first half, I'll set up hard tackling on them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If one of my opponent's players injures one of mine, I'll sometimes set his opponent instruction on hard tackling. I've never seen anything come from it, though.

If one of the opposition injures one of my beloved family (I take the 'tight knit' approach to my teams - big on the loyalty factor) I promptly set my my two or three worst tacklers to man mark w/ hard tackling. Generally gets the job done, although you do usually end up with a red card and conceding. It's worth it in the long run. Sometimes i just do it out of badness, especially if the target player has been touted as a threat. Snapped tibia - threaten me now c()nt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRBailey:

Who hasn't? I had one regen who would have been a star apart from he was an animal, so say a star player got injured he would then be set on them like a rabid dog...shame he was perma-suspended really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great idea... I just went searching for the perfect candidate for my Gimp. He's a young DM, aged 15, has Aggression at 17, composure of 6.

Any tips on keeping him hungry? I want him to be the kind of player that kicks some poor defender up in the air, then protests his innocence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timmers:

Like the old hatchet man option on an older version of CM ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was that? I remember it being a lot more effective to target specific individuals, like Roy Keane. He was always fair game. Nowadays, if I play a team that injures a couple of players I retaliate and it can get messy.

mojojojo0 - Your Gimp? What kind of club are you running?! Try criticising his performances and then when you play him 'demand a performance' or tell him 'he can make the difference'. Of course he'd need to have the right personality for that to work. I suppose that would be 'determined' and 'tenacious'?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timmers:

The obvious flaw in this is that my defender could get a red card, Owen doesn't get injured and scores a hat trick against my 10 men ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep.

I always look before the game to see which off the opposing players are lacking in fitness, anf if during the match it shows that someone is carrying an injury - I go for them - using - Always closing down and hard tackling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mojojojo0:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRBailey:

Who hasn't? I had one regen who would have been a star apart from he was an animal, so say a star player got injured he would then be set on them like a rabid dog...shame he was perma-suspended really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great idea... I just went searching for the perfect candidate for my Gimp. He's a young DM, aged 15, has Aggression at 17, composure of 6.

Any tips on keeping him hungry? I want him to be the kind of player that kicks some poor defender up in the air, then protests his innocence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show him old film clips of Sasa Curcic when he was with the MetroStars. That'll do it.

I always go out to injure opposition strikers. Try and force them to bring on a player of less quality or reduce them to 10 men or less if they've used all three substitutions. I'll also do it on influential players in the midfield area if necessary.

I tend to have the team playing normal tackling however i do pick out the oppositions best attacking players and have them closing down often and hard tackling.... and yes i do intentionally go out to injure players.

The first few times i used it Christiano Ronaldo was injured which helped i also Injured Gerrard and others. I find it works and if it helps me out then so be it icon_cool.gif

Anyone done this before and with what result ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never set out to injure specifically, but I definitely utilize "Hard" tackling against players who have low "Bravery" - you can rattle them and scare them off, its brilliant.

As for shutting down a single player, which seems to be the root of your question, I recommend double-covering him. Seriously.

The basic premise is: set two players to explicit man-mark him.

For a winger, I use my winger and fullback on that side. For a striker, I use a centre-back and a defensive midfielder.

The defender has tight marking off, so that he stays between the player and the goal. The midfielder/winger has tight marking on, to try and deny him service.

As you'd expect, this usually takes that player completely out of the game ... but at a cost: you may be pulling your defense out of shape. So, I try to use it only against a team where I know they're built around one player, and I don't really respect the other players.

I'm not sure Newcastle quite counts on those other aspects!

Archived