An undefeated season in one of the big three?

Just wondering if anyone here has accomplished this feat in FM2010; that is, going undefeated for an entire season in either England, Spain or Italy.

I have won practically everything there is to win with my current AC Milan side, so this is one of my remaining goals before I retire or move on to another club, and I'm wondering if it's something that's actually possible to achieve.

The second goal is to win every competition that I'm in this season (six if you include the Italian and European supercups), and that actually seems like a far more realistic goal.

I was so close to do it with Liverpool, but I lose my two last Premier League matches (I played these matches with reserves and youths:D). The season was 09-10 (first). I also win in same season League Cup and FA Cup. Real Madrid won UCL and I was second:(.

So I did´t play unfeaten season, but I was so close. I did this in FM2010.

I have regularly done so with CM4.

Have done a few times on FM2010. But most times that I have "tried" to accomplish this feat in the lowest tier available (7th) I nearly always lose my next game after shutting down for the night then restarting the next day, no matter what the opposition, or where the game is played.

If you can go all day undefeated, then continually keep losing your 1st game the next day, imo it can't just be "coincidence". I swear the AI must look at your teams loss record when you start back up, laugh, and think to itself " right, I'm having this bast*** "

Its pretty easy to do in Spain with Barca and especially with Madrid. There just are not enough teams which can hurt you on a regular basis in the Spanish league. Plus you get very few cup games to tire your squad out out as well. As long as you can avoid defeat in the away leg of the clasico you are fine.

Its easy to do in Italy with Inter as well.

In England It will usually take you a couple of years to build a squad good enough to avoid defeat for a whole season unless you spend silly money.

Just wondering if anyone here has accomplished this feat in FM2010; that is, going undefeated for an entire season in either England, Spain or Italy.

I have won practically everything there is to win with my current AC Milan side, so this is one of my remaining goals before I retire or move on to another club, and I'm wondering if it's something that's actually possible to achieve.

The second goal is to win every competition that I'm in this season (six if you include the Italian and European supercups), and that actually seems like a far more realistic goal.

yes i won all 7 trophies with Liverpool (Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield, World Club Championship, European Super Cup + Champions League) while remaining unbeaten. Screenshots are on the Liverpool forum somewhere

Its pretty easy to do in Spain with Barca and especially with Madrid. There just are not enough teams which can hurt you on a regular basis in the Spanish league. Plus you get very few cup games to tire your squad out out as well. As long as you can avoid defeat in the away leg of the clasico you are fine.

Its easy to do in Italy with Inter as well.

In England It will usually take you a couple of years to build a squad good enough to avoid defeat for a whole season unless you spend silly money.

I take your point about it being easy with Barca and Madrid given their squad and resources, but don't accept the comment about the cups.

Just compared Spain to England. In Spain they have the Spanish Cup and Spanish Super Cup up for grabs and to win both you have play 11 matches. In England, to win the FA and League Cup you have to play 12. So next to no difference.

Then there's the extra 16 matches to play if you're successful in the Euro Super Cup, World Club Champs and Champions League. So if you're going for the lot in Spain there isn't really much difference to Premier League. The demand on squads are comparable (in terms of number of matches, if not for the quality of the opposition).

Can't speak for Serie A. Can't bring myself to play in that league. Just bores me.

I think I went 4/5 seasons undefeated when Keirrison was in his prime with my Stoke side, it was definitely a huge run in the league that was ended by a newly promoted, rooted to the bottom of the league QPR side lol.

lol, what exactly are you reading? read the opening post. he said "go undefeated"

i think that says 'win every competition' ?? :)

I've done with a club at level 9 & 8 in England in consecutive seasons but never with a side in the top league although I could get ther this time with Real Madrid (3rd season) 20 games in (all comps)

Archived