I've heard of players losing their nerve..but really?

It's 50-50 scored v "missed".

I have seen a higher percentage missed with less taken but then it doesn't look quite so bad.

I would say Paraguay taking England to penalties is a bigger problem than the final shoot-out result.

Did you watch the Sports Relief match today? It went to penalties, something about pulling on an England shirt causes even actors and singers to become rubbish at penalties. We missed 4 of them!

And I was going to ignore Jackripper's comment above, but unfortunately I can't resist saying, at least one part of Britain is still Great enough to get to the World Cup, so you can where your ABE t-shirts all you want, at least we don't have to bitterly cheer on the opposition because our home nation didn't make it. But on a positive note, thanks for having faith in England getting out of the group stages.

And I was going to ignore Jackripper's comment above, but unfortunately I can't resist saying, at least one part of Britain is still Great enough to get to the World Cup, so you can where your ABE t-shirts all you want, at least we don't have to bitterly cheer on the opposition because our home nation didn't make it. But on a positive note, thanks for having faith in England getting out of the group stages.

England will walk there group but will face a tricky Serbia in the 2nd round and will go out on pens is my feeling. Also What team will England have next World Cup with the likes of James,Terry,Rio,Cole,Gerrard Lampard King and a few others all aproaching or past the 30 year old stage in there careers. Who will replace them? Where as we have a young side that can only get better.

firstly... its soccer aid...

secondly ABE is a scottish thing tbh.. not seen even one in wales

thirdly... england has more than 10x the pool of people to get a team from and still cant win anything and are certainly nowhere near 10x the team that wales is.

fourthly, I for one will be supporting Spain, and in all honesty.. being a neutral in the WC is rather refreshing.. you can enjoy the whole deal with all the highs and none of the lows that come with supporting the losing teams...

Archived