Your Biggest Transfer Budget

Got given 150 mill to spend for several seasons in a row, while I supplemented once or twice by selling players, raising it to about 200 mil.

Never needed it though, At liverpool when I joined them in 2021, had a massive spending spree, coupled with major outgoings, and only tinkered with my side after that, buying only to replace unhappy players who wanted to leave. Now I'm at Spurs and have just splashed about 60 million trying to get a dreadful squad up to scratch. Looks like it's worked so far.

£150 Mill with Southhampton in 2018 and i always get the same bugdet no matter how much money i have

Loved my Saints save getting £100m+ each year.

I've started playing the 'Three Rivers FC' save (Editors hideway), and was given £100m...but needed a whole new team for that.

150 million with madrid, 2nd season
around 150 mil with real madrid

Same here, 3rd season with Madrid. I actually think it was £154M. Either way I made sure I spent every penny, foundered in the league and moved on to pastures new ;)

My board should be glad I'm not throwing money after players. Or we'd be broke. They have given me more to spend than what is in the bank :o

145m to spend, 130 in the bank.

In a long term Newcastle save, the board gave me a transfer Budget of 135 Million, but then later in the season spent the whole bank balance on a new stadium. This meant that if I spent even a portion of the transfer budget we would of been in the red. I decided that now was the time to accept some bids for fringe players and foreign stars instead.

The transfer budget is important only in the first 3-4 seasons. After that, finding and buying cheap future wonderkids regens must be a prority for everyone. I'm in year 2017 with my Man City save and my full squad is all made of world-class regens and wonderkids. I have 9 home ground players in my best 11. I don't care about transfer budgets anymore as I only buy players for compensation when they're 16 and turning them into superstars.

After establishing Ipswich as consistent league and CL contenders (and frequently winners) on 09 I regularly got 150M year on year even if I didn't quite have that much as balance.

Mines was £54m with Greenock Morton in the 4th season after getting taken over in my first season. Sounds good doesnt it, BUT I couldnt adjust my wage budget and the maximum I could offer a player was £4k a week! So even though I had the £54m I still could only buy players in the £1m-£2m max bracket!

What is the biggest cash some you have ever got in a season>

mines 79 mil with inter

In my Newcastle save, the new chairman (after a board take over) dropped in around $349 mil (U.S.) for transfers...that put the transfer budget to around $385 mil (again US). Not sure exactly what that is in pounds but I'm guessing somewhere between 260M and 265M. My transfer budget is still running around $300mil (US) in that save as I was fairly far along (for me) in that save and the money I put in youth was starting to develop very well and there really was no need to spend vast amounts on players.

hey mohiddin aka fmanderson...big fan of ur danny thread...i hav joind ur website too...bt i need hlp in my game..i posted a thread right now...any ppl online pls hlp...

I remember it was ridiculously easy to get surreal transfer budgets on FM07 - basically, two Japanese/American/Chinese feeder clubs brought in insane money. After Old Trafford had been expanded to 150,000 or something, I had a transfer budget of 1.5 billion. It was funny but not exactly challenging in the end.

The transfer budget is important only in the first 3-4 seasons. After that, finding and buying cheap future wonderkids regens must be a prority for everyone. I'm in year 2017 with my Man City save and my full squad is all made of world-class regens and wonderkids. I have 9 home ground players in my best 11. I don't care about transfer budgets anymore as I only buy players for compensation when they're 16 and turning them into superstars.

Completely agree. I usually have a big outlay on players in my first season or two at a club, depending on available funds, but after that, it's just a case of bringing in talented and fairly cheap youngsters. While selling off older stars for maximum profit when you've got a talented youngster to replace them.

£272m, with Leeds, never had to spend a penny most years so it accumulated up and it came from sales of young players that couldnt make it in the first team (that team was something special though... think Real Madrid and X10), had roughly 100 players on my books.

£272m, with Leeds, never had to spend a penny most years so it accumulated up and it came from sales of young players that couldnt make it in the first team (that team was something special though... think Real Madrid and X10), had roughly 100 players on my books.

how do you keep 100 players happy?

how do you keep 100 players happy?

24 First team players

24 Reserve grade

40 odd Academy players

they all weren't first teamers, it was a conveyor belt, signing 16/17/18 year olds, placing them in the academy, they went into reserves, if they didnt make it into the first team, they went, adding to the budget total.

Archived