Illogical player attributes

There seem to be a lot of rather illogical player attributes in FM. For example, a player who has high ratings for creativity and passing, but a rating of 2 for technique. I'm struggling to imagine how a footballer could have poor technique with the ball and yet be capable of good, creative passing.

Any comments?

There seem to be a lot of rather illogical player attributes in FM. For example, a player who has high ratings for creativity and passing, but a rating of 2 for technique. I'm struggling to imagine how a footballer could have poor technique with the ball and yet be capable of good, creative passing.

Any comments?

• SI Staff

Ok me for instance, I'm a very clumsy person naturally but am fairly average at passing the ball and have a good range of vision when playing football (ie. I can see the place to paas the ball to, I just don't always put it in the right place icon_wink.gif ).

The clumsyness means my technique is low, however when I've got the ball under control and am not under pressure I'm actually not truly awful (ie. in my care average passing and creativity).

Hope this helps,

Marc

Okay, so it seems my problem is with the names of the attributes. It sounds like 'technique' in FMH actually just means 'first touch/control'?

And 'creativity' simply means 'vision'?

I had assumed, especially from the stated scaling down of attributes, that both those terms would mean a lot more.

Maybe the manual could describe what is meant by those terms in the game, for those FMH players who don't play FM on PC or visit these forums.

Archived